Compass WILL NOT calibrate

Hey guys

This one has me scratching my head.
Iv built and setup 30 or more WKM's and alot more naza's on various frames. All using a Futaba 8FGS for WKM and T8J for nazas.

Everyone Iv built, when doing the compass calibration, its worked flawlessly.

1.Enter calibration mode using control mode switch.
2. Blue led lit.
3. horizontal rotation.
4. Green led lit.
5. Vertical rotation
6. White led

The one im trying to calibrate now, just simply will not calibrate! All goes as it should until the vertical rotation.
Nothing I do will give me a successful calibration (white flashes)

All I get is red flashes.

I have tried:

Repositioning the GPS.
Rotating the GPS.
Doing the horizontal & vertical rotations in all directions and manners.
Moving various components.
Changing firmware.
trying different locations. (the field I always use which has always worked fine and two others)

All with the same result. Red flashes after the vertical rotation.

Any ideas?

Thanks

G:)

Well, if you are talking about the Naza-M I would do the following.

Disable the voltage warnings and write it out. As WTD said.

You made sure that your 3 positions witch goes from GPS, Atti, to Manual? Make sure it does via the software. For me I had to make sure the trims were set right because sometimes when I would switch it it wouldnt go in to GPS, it would be in Failsafe. So I trimmed it up so that it would be in the middle of the GPS range. Also, make sure you have the USB unplugged when trying to set it.

I know you have to switch it back 11 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMjTjywbYc

Its a wookong m gps.
Iv built and setup ALOT of them as mentioned in my initial post.
I have no trouble at all getting into calibration mode, but after doing the vertical rotation I always get flashing RED led....

:p

Ah. Sorry :(

I have zero experience with that.

I know it may sound silly, but all my years dealing with computers ... have you unplugged everything and plugged it back in? Have you made sure there are not magnets near it? Also, have you set it out side for a while to see if the GPS goes green first? I know mine takes about 2 minutes to lock on fully.

Last thought, possible bad GPS? Anyway to swap it out and see?

Spanky

I'm having the same problem with a Naza M. I got both used from different people. Goes great until I finish the vertical and get red LEDs. I finally gave up thinking the GPS/compass was bad. Something else I noticed that I'm curious if you had the same issue is on the gain tab it doesn't show my switch movements like it does on the calibration tab. On that tab all switches move from GPS to failsafe to Atti to failsafe to Manual no problem but the next tab down doesn't let me check off any boxes or activate the GPS portion.

Spanky

Wow I was excited to finally find a thread with the OP having the same exact issue but seems nobody has any ideas.