Colin Guinn Injuction Video

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Well, everyone needs a "spokesman", and maybe that was Colin's job. I know watching his videos is what brought me into the 'fold'. He made it all look so easy, and he did a good job explaining how the Phantom 2 Vision worked. I don't care that he was a ShamWow kinda guy in the past, or, that he was on some 'reality' show. I think he did a good job hawking the Phantom. Since this is my only experience with him, I don't have a gripe. I know many on this site (and other sites as well) know him a lot better than I, and have a whole different take. I can't argue with them. :untroubled: He seems to be able to always 'land on his feet' though, and that ain't all bad....

This is exactly what turned me off from the guy, the fraternity “cool guy club” persona he exuded made me sick. i spent my whole life hating those pompous kind of ego maniacs, the first second he opened his mouth i was done. Then every video after that made it worse. As a person doing RC for over 30 years and being in the industry for 10, he was not one of us at all.

Hookem

edit:::

i'm very sorry but i've had to delete your post as it has a lot of speculation as to what has happened and we can't say for sure without being ina position to actually have first hand knowledge.....given the situation playing out i'm inclined to not allow posts that go too far in saying what actually happened or didn't happen, not that all the personal slams on colin guinn are justified. it's for the courts to say at this point regarding colin guinn and DJI.

i think the highly negative vibe being expressed is an indication of frustration within the ranks of users.

bart

Last edited by a moderator:

Hookem

I am an avid reader on these posts as I am a DJI Phantom owner and look through the forums for advice, tech support answers, etc. I'm just tired of Colin and DJI NA being bashed on here and felt I needed to say something.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Well, you did only join the forum today so it was a fair point. :02.47-tranquillity:

I personally have nothing against DJI or Colin. The products are great and Colin was a great salesman, it's a shame it came to this.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
This is exactly what turned me off from the guy ...
I know where you're coming from and I really do empathise. People like Guinn can be pretty hard work. But to give him his dues, he did put considerable energy into promoting the DJI brand and products and now it is somehow looking like DJI may have tried something naughty. What do you expect? The Chinese don't play cricket!

edit:::
I'm very sorry but I've had to delete your post ... bart

Fortunately the email notification of this post got through before it was censored and speculation or not, it sounds highly plausible.
Not too sure what you are getting concerned about Bart. Opinions expressed around here are only forum crap - particularly as far as a court is concerned.
-------------------------------

As I don't give a hoot about bleeding Phantoms not being available to buy - that just means safer skies - I find this all rather entertaining. And, like I said, in the meantime I am really enjoying the idea that DJI China is getting screwed over for a change.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
MBF,
Opinions are one thing but speculation as to what happened and relating it as fact is a problem and I can't let the site be responsible for that. Maybe the information was credible, maybe not, I'm not partial to either coming to me asking questions about what's been said about them. They're obviously beyond simple disagreements and I'd rather not get dragged in for defamatory statements made in public. opinions and speculation are ok to a limited degree but testifying as to who did what, considering it might not be public knowledge, could be a problem. i'm not a lawyer and would rather not have to spend money on one defending the site.

In Trappy's case, his videos were all over the internet so it was easier to let those discussions carry on.

Thanks for everyone's understanding.
Bart

Benjamin Kenobi

That's a very level-headed response from DJI.

It is only 31 dealers mentioned, surely there must be hundreds in the US?

This topic seems out of place on MRF. Lots of hot air and venting. That's not what we're here for. Information about getting us in the air is the primary goal. Discussing regulations and new technology follows. Bashing multirotors (into the ground) is fine, but people?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
A general person in the hobby, a small business owner I agree should not be discussed in that way on a forum. But when the person in question made every effort to be the focal point of said company he/she deserves all the criticism/praise.

i think it’s completely relevant to everything we discuss. His promotion methods and selling methods made multi’s a house hold word. So not discuss him? Why?

Benjamin Kenobi

A general person in the hobby, a small business owner I agree should not be discussed in that way on a forum. But when the person in question made every effort to be the focal point of said company he/she deserves all the criticism/praise.

i think it’s completely relevant to everything we discuss. His promotion methods and selling methods made multi’s a house hold word. So not discuss him? Why?

How did you read that as 'not discuss him'?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

i'm not against discussing him, i'm hesitant to let anyone represent hearsay or speculation as fact. speak your minds but don't lay claim to secret information or first hand knowledge that could be wrong and leave me on the hook to defend myself and the activities of the site.

that's it, commence enjoyment of your first amendment rights.

bart

jfro

Aerial Fun
Well that sure gets rid of a lot of hearsay.

I don't know much about Colin, but while reading the early forums on the injunctions, I had this gut feeling there was more to the story and that GREED was probably at the root of the whole thing. Sounds like from this one article, that may be the case..... I think they were probably making a boat load of money, may or may not have liked the expenses here, but either way, they saw a way of making more money. Happens all the time in the tech industry, a few peeps find something, go out and make it happen, and then when it starts bringing in decent revenues, the main branch or owners start trimming thinking they have arrived.

Be interesting to watch this fold out. If this is true, maybe someone will organize a successful U.S. boycott of DJI products.. Wouldn't it be cool if everything got ironed out plus more & better service with more mature products resulted... That's not probable, but one can wish.....

COMike93yj

Still Building!
I think this is a subject that SHOULD be discussed here on MRF. Aren't we, as a community at MRF, dedicated to furthering the multirotor hobby/profession/addiction ;) ? I do not know anything about Colin but this subject piqued my interest because there are a great deal of enthusiasts and small business owners that may be affected by what is going on with the DJI/Colin injunction.

There are ALWAYS two sides, sometimes more, to every story.

I know that there are TONS of us that use DJI products. It saddens me that because of this legal action, some of us may be impacted.....sales, new products, etc....I also feel sorry for the distributors (read small business owners) here in the United States might not be able to get replacement parts/new products in the near future.

I hope they resolve the issue.....for the sake of all of the DJI aficionados and new folks looking to purchase their products here in the United States.