close one

kloner

Aerial DP
Went to the river and was working through the kinks from my dragonlink installation and ran into some problems. the jr 11x is a pile of crap for this, doesn't have a true 5 volt ppm that i can find, and it almost cost me one. Everything was going fine, 15 flights in tried the long antenna the kit comes with, looks like a handheld vhf antenna. Was watching the rssi and it was near perfect the entire flight. After tearing it down, best i can tell two things happened. the front left motor bearing started going out which started causing problems with the dragon link and this was the result. It had somehow changed my radios trims during the flight, after looking, the center beep alarm thing i use was making the trim move, the ail and ele had both shifted 20 clicks, failsafe was also shifted on the signal so it was touching that as well. What a mess

When i noticed the problem all i could do was put it down as far from me and my familly as possible, but when it started that reving on it's own at the end, i thought for sure it was gone....... it's all fun and games till one comes up missing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, great flying and beautiful videos on the river there, kloner! Good recovery at the end too, glad you didn't lose it.

Nice work!

John