cinestar gimbles

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm sitting here looking over a heli that they want to carry 14 lbs and this plastic clamp cinestar gimble slips at every joint completely tightend down...... wth is that? Did somebody putting it together not do something like an adhesive or is there some kind of known problem with this?

is there different o-rings for the anti vibe for heavier loads like this? It has red ones now, and it really seems to dangle loaded down.... bump rattle and roll

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
that's exactly what i need, they'll be here.

You know how border patrol picks out load cars cause the suspensions all maxed out and looking funny????? yea, that's what i got

jcmonty

that's exactly what i need, they'll be here.

You know how border patrol picks out load cars cause the suspensions all maxed out and looking funny????? yea, that's what i got

Lol dude that will be bouncing all over the place. Please don't fly the Red until you have those stiffer o rings :) Will you still be flying it on Friday?

kloner

Aerial DP
suppose to........ treg is training on the gimbal

If we make this work, won't be surprised if there won't be a need and your the top of my list.

Those red rings carried a 7d so smooth the other day. Man, theres a crash course in heavy lifting going on over here.

jcmonty

Awesome dude. Keep my posted, I would love just to come and watch on friday if you are ok with it and it works out

Kloner, The CS gimbal was originally built back when a 5D was considered heavylift! That said we just released some metal clamps which will allow a better clamp on the carbon tubes. The blue o-rings will be a good choice if you want to carry a EPIC sized camera.

I am curious what you have that is 14lbs? My EPIC RTF is right at 7.5 to 8

Tabb

kloner

Aerial DP
My buddy ordered up alot of that stuff and didn't mention it till i started asking. Was told to prep it for 14lbs and get some flight times so did. It is carrying an epic.

kloner

Aerial DP
I think we got all those parts Gary.... i'll take some pics and shoot it by you guys if you don't mind tomorrow

kloner

Aerial DP
Tabb, quick question. my gimbal is radian servos, hoverfly gimbal controller flying a 7d. When my camera man moves the gimbal the shot looks blurry, is that too tight of belts? servo going out? Like when were tracking stuff. as soon as the gimbal stops it looks fantastic now...... Were making good headway

Were flying the red silicone dampners, are those too light for the 7d when you got the red upgrade parts you guys sell installed? The gimbal is totaly redone with all the upgrades now and it seems really loose, if the craft wobbles at all the gimbal wobbles worse

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
What focal length? You start zooming in too much, add crop factor, and any movement is going to get interpreted into motion blur. Especially if you are using 24 or 30fps. I would say anything above 35mm and you better have perfect balance.

kloner

Aerial DP
Man, i'm an rc guy that can see the result, but clueless about the setup. i'd assume the cam is right, it looks awesome when i just fly around, but as soon as the gimbal gets moving it's like you see the cog and belts touch in vibration through the lens. no crop or anything, just raw... everytime. I loosened 2 belts that to mee seemed tight. Gonna go look at the hoverfly gimbal controller setup this am.

there was a focus servo added to the rig since it began and i think is the culprit. It's a huge gear on a continuous servo and there is a band on the lens like a rack and pinion looking setup. It seemed strange to me. Got an hdmi converter installed so i'll go fly a nex and see if it keeps happening.

PaNt

Tabb, quick question. my gimbal is radian servos, hoverfly gimbal controller flying a 7d. When my camera man moves the gimbal the shot looks blurry, is that too tight of belts? servo going out? Like when were tracking stuff. as soon as the gimbal stops it looks fantastic now...... Were making good headway

Were flying the red silicone dampners, are those too light for the 7d when you got the red upgrade parts you guys sell installed? The gimbal is totaly redone with all the upgrades now and it seems really loose, if the craft wobbles at all the gimbal wobbles worse

Kloner the belts should be too tight...

also the cam must be perfectly balanced ...when i say perfect i mean PerFECT :):)

And at last it seems that your gains are a little higher thats why the moves are not smooth../)/)

tstrike

pendejo grande
Kloner, I think what Yuri meant is the crop factor of the camera. On a 7d it's like 1.6 crop factor, so a 35mm lens is closer to a 55mm lens, a 16mm lens with crop factor is closer to a 28mm lens. A 5d has a bigger sensor so you get no crop factor.

Hi Tabb, I have a cinestar gimbal with the radian and am interested in how I can incorporate anti vibration into my system, how do I do this ? I see some of the o rings in a unit but how and where do they attach ? Thanks in advance

Matt McC

Kloner, The CS gimbal was originally built back when a 5D was considered heavylift! That said we just released some metal clamps which will allow a better clamp on the carbon tubes. The blue o-rings will be a good choice if you want to carry a EPIC sized camera.

I am curious what you have that is 14lbs? My EPIC RTF is right at 7.5 to 8

Tabb

Nope not yet Kloner, my AD8 HL Droidworx is doing me well for the moment and as soon as I can upgrade then for sure I will move to the CS8 frame, I have a few jobs coming in so hopefully not too long now. My cinestar 3 axis gimble is radianised and just tweaking that but really anti vibration is my concern as with a hard mount then the vibration just keeps going, but for now I,m just going to try to fashion something between the frame and Cam gimble , my thinking is that anything between the two can only help ? There really is not a lot of space to work with from the bottom of the nut on the camera adaptor plate and the 360 servo.....on the gimble....improvise and adapt is what I,m used to right now....

Matt