Cinestar Dual Purpose (HeavyLift / Long Endurance) Build Log

Carcara

Hi Vitaly and Carapau, thanks for the insights. I too don't know how useful it will turn out to be in practice, but I need a setup that can fly at least for mapping, which I can't get right now with my current heavy lift setup. Normally I take 2 copters to a work day (one spare) and that means I need 4 copters right now, when occasions appear. I really would love to be able to take 2 that could take care of both jobs.

Carapau, what's your flight time for mapping using the heavy lift copter? Are you using pixhawk?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Flight time is not great but so far it has been fine- about 10mins. Using A2 and DJI Groundstation (PC) so just about to lo0k at UGCS to replace it. I am building a Pixhawk based fixed wing though to deal with longer duration flights.

FerdinandK

I am sorry if I write here, but if you want to setup a copter, it is basically very simple if you stick to the rules of thumb
1:1:1 copter : payload : battery

In the heavy lift case this would be (at most) 5kg for a copter that is able to fly with 15kg AUW, 5kg battery (at min) and of course if you plan for a 15 kg bird, I am not sure if 15" propellers a the right choice, better 28". If you rely on that the flighttime will be 30min.

of course if you remove the heavy payload and mount something more lightweight payload the flighttime will increase (40-50min) with 1kg payload.

best regards
Ferdinand