CineStar camera gimbal

Ken, I did see that video. It looks excellent! My WKM should take to the air today. Hope I can get it 50% as good as this video you posted! I ordered a wide range of props to play with. I will report back if I stumble upon anything that is good. I am also going to test it with the Hercules to see if the fast response of that ESC makes any difference.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken, what size motors are you running & what does the manufacturer recomend as regards prop size? I ask because I use apce12x6 props, which are recomended size for my motors, but I wanted to know if you found bigger better or smaller better?

Ross

I'm using the AXI 2814-22 motors, not sure if AXI has a recommended prop size but equivalent motors from other manufacturers range from 11 inch up to 13. So far I've found the 11 x 5 to be the best and the APC 12 x 6 a close second, more testing will be done with the APC as soon as the windy wet weather goes away (as long as it's not replaced with cold snowy weather!)

Ken, I did see that video. It looks excellent! My WKM should take to the air today. Hope I can get it 50% as good as this video you posted! I ordered a wide range of props to play with. I will report back if I stumble upon anything that is good. I am also going to test it with the Hercules to see if the fast response of that ESC makes any difference.

Tabb,

Good luck with yours. You have some much heavier gear that you can hang under yours than I do so you will probably be able to use larger props than the 11 x 5 that work so well with the AV130 and Nex 5N on mine.

I'll be reflashing the ESCs on the CS with SimonK's faster firmware to see if I can smooth things out even more. It worked well on my quad, visible difference in the video after updating the Turnigy ESCs. I'm just hoping that when I cut the shrinkwrap off the DYS ESCs I find Atmel processors and not the Silabs the Chinese factories are starting to use.

The Fedex man just dropped off a DJI 900mHz datalink that will be installed on the CS too, so it looks like I'll be busy with some updates for a couple of days and maybe the weather will improve enough to get it back in the air when I'm done.

Ken

holco

May I ask you where you got that 1 turn pot from that you have now on your AV-130?

I have changed the 10 turn for a Vishay 3 turns and that was a great improvement, but I think a 1 turn will be even better.

anaka

hi Holco apologize for the huge delay but I see your post only now

I got my potentiometers form a robotic components website but I saw the same on RS website

on RS you also have a wider range of choice for potentiometers so I suggest to go there ;)

hope to still be of help