*Buyer pays PayPal fees if outside of Manitoba, Canada
*Buyer pays shipping costs

A Complete Ready-To-Fly Freefly Systems Cinestar 8 Kit including:

Footage of this kit in action:

Footage of detached (quick release) gimbal in action hand-held:

small-00Cover-Cinestar-8-9304.jpg

What's Included:
  • 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal, 3 Axis Radian
  • Gimbal comes with custom Carbon Fibre Handles (for non-aerial MoVi-style hand-held use including Majestic Mode)
  • Carbon fibre stand for hand-held Gimbal use
  • Allied Drones Quick release system for Brushless Gimbal
  • HDMI to AV video downlink
  • Graupner MX20 Transmitter for The Cinestar
  • DX7s Transmitter for Gimbal
  • 7" LCD Monitor & Receiver for Video Downlink
  • Charger 0606
  • (8x) 8000mAh 4s Lipos
  • (2x) 2200mAh 4s Lipos
  • 5.8Ghz Video Downlink w/Antennas
  • Misc Parts For Gimbal Completion
  • RC Shutter for 5D2
  • CineStar-8 Gimbal Vibration Plate
  • CineStar 8 Canopy for weather protection
  • CineStar Landing Gear
  • Completed Cinestar 8 Components QC 3328 Motors
  • Hobbywing Platinum 40Amp ESCs MikroCopter Flight/Navi Controllers I2C Adapter For ESCs
  • APC 14x4.7 Props
  • (Additional full set of props included - unused)
  • Graupner GR24 Reciever
  • LED Lighting For Night Use
  • Hyperion 0720i Charger
  • Original boxes for accessories (as seen in photo)

Redundancy: The Graupner receiver has a headphone jack and continuously reads out current power levels, altitude information and what not audibly so you can keep your eyes on the helicopter. It also tells you if there’s anything wrong (say 1 cell isn’t responding properly) in order to land.Redundancy is built in. The power safety is the ability to run 2 batteries. If one fails the other is wired to keep it in the air. The copter will also be able to stay in the air even with 2 motors out… this can depend on the payload however. Higher payloads can withstand 1 motor out.

Safety: There is safety built in, if it gets out of range it’s meant to fly back to original position. Flight distance as it sits is limited to LOS (Line of Sight) since there isn’t any FPV gear on the copter itself. Max altitude height is restricted to 500ft per FAA. If the copter goes into a failsafe due to the radio dropping out it will ascend to the altitude they set and fly itself back to where it took off and then land automatically. If they re-establish radio control before it lands they can take over again.

Fully operational: Handles a Canon 5D3 + 35mm 1.4L lens well. Usually flown with 5D3, but more recently with BMPCC. Can be upgraded to handle Red Epic - parts & labour would be additional cost.

small-Cinestar-8-9287.jpg

small-Cinestar-8-9264.jpg

small-Cinestar-8-9279.jpg

small-Cinestar-8-9311.jpg

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
Hi, I could be interested, a few questions : what brand is the gimble ? Can the copter be quick folded ? Does it come with a peli ? Flight time ? How far from NYC are you ? Thanks !

Hi, I could be interested, a few questions : what brand is the gimble ? Can the copter be quick folded ? Does it come with a peli ? Flight time ? How far from NYC are you ? Thanks !

Hey there BogotaMatt,
  1. Gimbal is custom, but based on Freefly's system (prior to MoVi). All Freefly's structure, quadrocopter motors. Build specifically to handle payload that I wanted to fly at the time (5D Mark III + 35mm 1.4 lens) as it also has photo shutter control built into the gimbal controller ontop of FPV.
  2. Easy to tear down. All 8 booms are wired externally because I wanted it to be as simple to tear down as possible. Quick to loosen a couple of parts, the wires detach with a pull and all 8 booms come clean off. The gimbal comes with a quick release system so the whole thing can be torn down in minutes.
  3. Does not come with a Pelican - there's a lot of options online if you'd like to get one. Never used one for this.
  4. I'm based out of central Canada. Shipping estimates are based out of Manitoba, Canada. Simple ground route. This kit was custom built in Phoenix, Arizona and shipped to Winnipeg originally.