Cinestar 8 w/ Dual Controllers, Aerial & Handheld 3-Axis Gimbal

My reason for selling: Not wanting to! But I had to be honest with myself - it hardly gets used and in our line of work, we so rarely need aerial footage so I'm opting to rather hire the work out instead of storing this amazing device between shoots! My friend Josh is a super talented aerial cinematographer, he knows what he's doing :). We've had this up in the air a few times for specific purposes, and I'd rather see it getting used more by someone who had more time to fly.

For Sale:
  • A Complete Ready-To-Fly Cinestar 8 Kit including:
  • 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal (Rated for 4lbs - Canon 5D3 & 35mm 1.4 roughly)
  • Gimbal comes with custom Carbon Fibre Handles (for non-aerial MoVi-style hand-held use including Majestic Mode)
  • Carbon fibre stand for hand-held Gimbal use
  • Allied Drones Quick release system for Brushless Gimbal
  • Gimbal monitor attachment
  • HDMI to AV video downlink
  • Graupner MX20 Transmitter for The Cinestar
  • Graupner GR24 Reciever
  • Spektrum DX7s Transmitter for Gimbal
  • Charger 0606
  • (8x) 8000mAh 4s Lipos
  • (2x) 2200mAh 4s Lipos
  • 5.8Ghz Video Downlink w/Antennas
  • Misc Parts For Gimbal Completion
  • RC Shutter for 5D2
  • CineStar-8 Gimbal Vibration Plate
  • CineStar 8 Canopy
  • Completed Cinestar 8 Components
  • QC 3328 Motors
  • Hobbywing Platinum 40Amp ESCs
  • MikroCopter Flight/Navi Controllers
  • I2C Adapter For ESCs APC 14x4.7 Props
  • (32) 14x4.7 APC Props - all new included (That's 4 complete sets)
  • LED Lighting For Night Use
Bonus: Includes a full walkthrough video of each component & trouble shooting, by original reputable builder (who had custom built this for me).

Cinestar-8-In-The-Air.jpeg

00Cover-Cinestar-8-9304.jpg

Cinestar-8-9264.jpg

Cinestar-8-9269.jpg

Cinestar-8-9279.jpg

Cinestar-8-9286.jpg

Cinestar-8-9287.jpg

Cinestar-8-9288.jpg

Cinestar-8-9306.jpg

Cinestar-8-9307.jpg

Cinestar-8-9311.jpg

gimbal-in-use.jpg

gimbal-in-use-stand.jpg

Additional Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h4x4s0w6u...hVeHsRZ3a?dl=0

Hand-held Gimbal Use Example (note: this kit uses a newer controller - A Non MoVi, but similar in nature "just not as clean" as a MoVi M5):

I paid a total of roughly $14,000 (Canadian) for this entire kit.

Asking for $7,200 USD + shipping

(available to ship within Canada, will discuss USA). Also open to reasonable offers.

binlagin

Your going to have to bump it alot longer to get anything near that price.

These things take a worse depreciation hit then a brand new car rolling off the lot.

I'd be even surprised if it sold at 50% of your current asking price, same with the other high end x8 build currently avaible.

Your going to have to bump it alot longer to get anything near that price.

These things take a worse depreciation hit then a brand new car rolling off the lot.

I'd be even surprised if it sold at 50% of your current asking price, same with the other high end x8 build currently avaible.

Totally fair, and I'm trying my best to be fair as well. Knowing I've lost a lot of $ in the investment, only being a year old, hoping to get this kit to someone who will be able to make better use as I just haven't got the time to fly.

And with that said:

Lowered pricing! A similar kit purchased new is still sitting at about $7,400 USD + shipping and that's without a gimbal, second controller, batteries, video downlink etc. $10,493.95 with only 1 battery new.

Asking for $5,500 USD (+ applicable shipping, for entire kit)

Bump! New asking price.

Asking price is:
$5,200 USD (+ shipping).

Pretty incredible deal as this is a full kit including gimbal, dual controllers.

More information:

This entire video's ground shots were filmed with my gimbal (there's 2 angles tight & wide in product walk through, the gimbal is the wide angle):
This should give you an idea for how the gimbal handles, as the entire video is shot hand held inside and outside the RV + driving shots with wind.

Here's a BTS clip of myself holding with a Canon 70D + 16-35mm lens. No post stabilization for those curious about Gimbal capability. https://www.dropbox.com/s/55n5mphipcfqb1o/Handheld-Gimbal.mov?dl=0

Redundancy:
The Graupner receiver has a headphone jack and continuously reads out current power levels, altitude information and what not audibly so you can keep your eyes on the helicopter. It also tells you if there’s anything wrong (say 1 cell isn’t responding properly) in order to land. Redundancy is built in. The power safety is the ability to run 2 batteries. If one fails the other is wired to keep it in the air. The copter will also be able to stay in the air even with 2 motors out… this can depend on the payload however. Higher payloads can withstand 1 motor out.

Safety:
There is safety built in, if it gets out of range it’s meant to fly back to original position. Flight distance as it sits is limited to LOS (Line of Sight) since there isn’t any FPV gear on the copter itself. Max altitude height is restricted to 500ft per FAA. If the copter goes into a failsafe due to the radio dropping out it will ascend to the altitude they set and fly itself back to where it took off and then land automatically. If they re-establish radio control before it lands they can take over again.

Asking price is:
$5,200 USD (+ shipping).

Footage of Cinestar 8 Kit in Flight:

Footage of 3-axis gimbal in hand-held mode:

Redundancy:
The Graupner receiver has a headphone jack and continuously reads out current power levels, altitude information and what not audibly so you can keep your eyes on the helicopter. It also tells you if there’s anything wrong (say 1 cell isn’t responding properly) in order to land. Redundancy is built in. The power safety is the ability to run 2 batteries. If one fails the other is wired to keep it in the air. The copter will also be able to stay in the air even with 2 motors out… this can depend on the payload however. Higher payloads can withstand 1 motor out.

Safety:
There is safety built in, if it gets out of range it’s meant to fly back to original position. Flight distance as it sits is limited to LOS (Line of Sight) since there isn’t any FPV gear on the copter itself. Max altitude height is restricted to 500ft per FAA. If the copter goes into a failsafe due to the radio dropping out it will ascend to the altitude they set and fly itself back to where it took off and then land automatically. If they re-establish radio control before it lands they can take over again.