Cinestar 8 size

DennyR

You are right....it is way overmarketed....by the HUNDREDS of people using the CineStar professionally and having great results ;)

Absolutely right to the point on that one. However you are one of the few out there who knows and understand the limitations of MR's and have capitalized on that by making some nice stuff that works. BUT the underlying fact is that you also know as well as I do, that when it comes to lifting cinematic stuff it is a poor substitute for a proper modern SR machine. You have been there and done it, and probably still are. Anyone putting a RED Epic into the sky with anything else would be stupidly risking a lot of money - FOR WHAT SIMPLE REASON? The state of the art ready to fly MR is the S800/Z15 it works like no other system currently available yet DJI were clever enough to realize that a Nex-7 etc. was about the safe limit for a model that size. If one were to fall out of the sky it would not do any less damage than a SR. That Z15 on a SR can fly for over 45 mins. with total reliability. And yes the Z15 will have the power to stabilize a Red in the not too distant future, I already have a stretched one that takes a 5D.

So what about the costs involved. Less than 1000 euro for a TDR Kit, Blades 100 euros, ESC 510 euros, Motor 315 euros Servos 500 euros Plus WookongH.... A little time involved in hanging the Z15 properly....

Not that much difference in price. Batteries are more expensive but last longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I ave said on many other occasions.. this platform aint and never will be a steady cam, camera on a pole or a substitute for the real McCoy. I have limited my craft to fly canon 550d dynamically and for cilps that have been used successfully in productions. Smaller craft or in fact the S800 Z15 is probably the easiest and cheapest way of getting hi grade footage for small scale productions for web and tv adverts and the like. when you see what you get its a no brainer. If I was here now entering this bloody addiction I would be going that route. I fly and love my ADX3 machines and I am very happy with the work I am getting with them, its limited but is good quick paying and with out having to deal with DOP that have been told these things are miracle camera platforms only to expect more that they could ever achieve..

I now really enjoy just flying and taking pictures for everyone from builders to government agencies and shooting video for clips in adverts to transmitting feeds to event screens where every one marvels at the screen and the pictures.. keep it simple and dont think these things are something they are not!

Dave