CFG-ERR[8] Naza F450

sotomatic

Mad Scientist

View attachment 3785

I just wanted to drop a line to the group and see if anyone out there could help me out. I am working to build/fly a DJI F450 Naza and I've run into a road block. This is my first build so this could be anything from a rookie mistake to a total breakdown. I have read through several of the previous threads with no luck.

I'm working with a DX7s/AR8000 TX/RX. I have bound the TX/RX and have build the F450 which is ready to run through the assistant. I am currently running v1.2 of the Naza Assistant with the latest Firmware.

The problem I'm having is that I keep getting the CFG-ERR[8] error at the bottom left of the screen. I have tried a ton of variations to see if I can get it to go away with no luck.

In the TX Monitor screen, I have the receiver type as "Tradition", Cut Off type as "Immediately". When I click "Start" for calibration the sliders don't respond to any of my stick movements. All of the sliders are black and slid to the right (Set to "Norm") and don't move.

Any suggestions??

TahoeEd??

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 368

wow400

It seems like you need to make sure that the Tx is bound to the RX, then (assuming that's OK), & all is powered up, connect the Naza to the USB & then do a calibration check - does that work OK?

kloner

Aerial DP
On your AR8000, is there a satelite hooked to it? Is it dsmx? are both sat and rx lit with a solid orange light?

I've had to do the calibration twice in a row to clear the error so if it still shows after the first calibration, try one more time. but first you need the bars to move with stick input

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
I don't think you'd get a solid orange light if the bound broke. Did you file or cut all the little tabs off of your servo connectors so they plug all the way in on your rec. (someone else had that problem here with the ar8000)?

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
tstrike: Yeah I think I may have been the one you saw on that thread. I ended up using some fingernail clippers which worked out pretty well.

Paulo: Yeah the drivers are all current

Wow: THAT MAY BE IT! I just checked and it looks like my wires may be in upside down. I'll give it a try and let you know. It was hard to tell which way was correct because I had to trim them myself. Yours flies correctly with them brown-wire-up?

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
SUCCESS! thanks to both tstrike and Wow for the help. I had the wires from the naza into my AR8000 upside down. After flipping them around the Naza assistant responds as you would expect it to.
I have now successfully (I hope) calibrated the TX and am moving on to the next battle

New issue:

Once I got the wiring corrected, I hooked the USB up to find that I now had a VOL LOW warning which I assume is due to the fact my battery probably needs to be charged after spending forever trying to figure out how to fix my issues. I went ahead and looked over the Naza Assistant options and, under Voltage, I turned off Voltage Monitor by mistake which turned off the error BUT now I can't turn the Voltage Monitor back on! I have read over and over the Naza Manual but I must be missing something in the Chinese - English translation. I will post more as I figure out what I am doing wrong but if anyone knows and wants to save me the time of figuring it out, I'm all ears. hopefully this is something as simple as charging my batter and re-connecting.

Tomstoy2

It probably is. Close the program, charge up the battery then try again.

Truth is most of us don't use that feature. We find the timer on the tx more reliable.

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
Just wanted to update:

All seems to be in working order now. The voltage warning is clear and i just disconnected/reconnected X3 to get the Naza assistant to give me the option to check voltage protection. First flight is tomorrow at lunch!!