Case ground station

kloner

Aerial DP
Again this is that $49 case with a 16" naxa 12v monitor frenched in. I'll be building it over the next couple days and wanted to start a thread on it along the way. This one will have a false floor like the battery charging case but to hold, store antennas and other video gear. it'll use the Hydro Turf padding for a cover over teak floor with access to inside storage. Also got this deans holder thing to make a power port to the outside for plugging it into the truck/boat along with an internal battery bay. both trucks and the boat have deans sticking out all over now........ It uses 5.8 to transmit 1.3 from my tracker to this, wireless

i.php

put the 22" with dvd on the kids wall, much better place, it was kinda big. my eyes are bad but not that bad yet

i.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Blacksails

What case are you installing this in? I've been pricing up and planning something similar myself. Was planning on a Pelican case

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Kloner,
Is that the Imersion RC 5.8GHz Uno Receiver?
If so, where did you get the antenna?
Can you give us a current breakdown of the planned FPV RX, TX & Antenna you are planning/ using?

kloner

Aerial DP
Kloner,
Is that the Imersion RC 5.8GHz Uno Receiver?
If so, where did you get the antenna?
Can you give us a current breakdown of the planned FPV RX, TX & Antenna you are planning/ using?

I'm building this for my zephyr, but it's gonna have the same way to send 2.4 as it does 1.3 into this monitor. this is my truck rig, and the 7" is my boat rig.......

so theres 2 setups, zII has a rmrc 1258 1500mw transmitter to the tan transmitter on an eagle eyes tracker. That goes out of the eagle eyes into the immersion 5.8 600mw (just because is all i have) and into this monitor. That is just a 4 lobe bluebeam from rmrc. i have several others just like it but with masts built on i made after buying this. adding connectors diminishes an antenna quick

the other rig is my discovery has a lawmate 1000mw 2.4 video tx that goes into a immersion 2.4 diversity receiver that then either mounts to the same tripod as the 7" monitor or on a different tripod i got just the antennas, receiver and a spot for the same 5.8 600mw transmitter.

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

ChrisViperM

...this will be a friggin sweet ground station....can't wait to see it finished. The only thing it might lack is a compartment to cool your Budweiser....

kloner

Aerial DP
got to looking at this monitor and with it also being available with a dvd player built in was wondering what kinda room there is in there, so opened her up and my god, i can fit a quad in there. so in went the uno, uncased only because it gave it some air gap where with the case it was almost touching the back of the screen. didn't want some weird heat shaddow, might still be an issue but better the chances this way, i think. Tried it out and it works bitchen

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Think i'll look at cutting some extra slots across the top of the back area to vent more air. everywhere i go is really hot so it's probably a good idea.

kloner

Aerial DP
how it's workin is the part i was saying worked bitchen. turned it on, spun the tracker around, no junk on the screen.

i have a couple fans, just not sure it needs it

kloner

Aerial DP
on the last naxa 22" i started with it here, then found i could leave it with the antenna down below the op of the case and it worked the same.

i.php

shco1t

Hi,
Been watching the progress and your g/station look's great,
building one myself but changed it slightly after seeing your monitor,
how did it finish up, would be interested to find out.
cheers shco1t.

kloner

Aerial DP
I never finished the post, thanks for reminding me. used it last weekend, probably all i'll use from now on, great picture, conienant

will go get some pics and finish this up

kloner

Aerial DP
i.php

i.php

i.php

595x446x012,P20,P281024x768,P29_595.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9pbjwIDlLt.jpg

Since these, i found a problem with the box i was using for my helicals, the narcotics dog at the border checkpoint decided it has too much smell, the last few trips through i've been messed with, this time the dog ripped it apart so i figured out what box was the problem. had a couple stems and a seed, dog acted like my truck was full of meth or something. I have a medical MJ prescription so i'm legit, but the federal cops like border patrol and us fish and game like to take it, they say they don't aknowledge the law but they don't write a ticket either, they just roll off with it

So, ordered one more this size for the helicals, then a 21x19x9 for my quad. if the quad fits, i'll grab one more of them.

Film at 11

kloner

Aerial DP
that square one with my hat on it didn't make it home........... luckily the tracker wasn't it in, was on the way down, but got left on the tripod inside the truck

015 (1024x767)_595.jpg

that's alright, it didn't match

shco1t

thanks for showing the pics,
looks like a great set up and im sold on the monitor size choice,all in all looks brilliant.
sorry to hear the law messing with your og kush .lol
whats the view quality like on the screen/

kloner

Aerial DP
That's funny, that's what it is,,,,,,,, sour og

this monitor is shiney which is still a concern cause i've only been around it at sunrise out in the open (bed of truck) but the picture is absolutley perfect. i had a 22" same brand and it had a flat screen, but the picture wasn't near as clear, and it looked alright. You know how once something looks better, the old is crap..... that

Glossy though, really really wish it was matte. might try finding a clear matt vinyl/screen protector like for a phone to lay over it if it's a problem, cause this one is it, no more passing it off to try another one

Blacksails

Kloner, is there any way of mounting those cases on tripods? If so, how? It's the only thing preventing me from building one myself.

kloner

Aerial DP
this was how i used it, see it sitting in the bed of the pickup. i had the sun in my face for a while and no problem, but not like sun behind me or mid day bright as heck. i wear polarized sunglasses so that might have been helping me without knowing it

Last edited by a moderator: