Can,t get my Naza to connect to the assistant software - please help

Hi Guys,

Heres my problem I have 2 nazas 1 new 1 never been used. After trying to update the new 1 to the latest firmware I now cannot connect it to the software assistant. So i took of my working one and also updated it and the same thing has happened ! I,m not a newbie have 2 other wkm that connect fine but no matter what I try to do neither will now connect with any of the software ???

Is there a way to reset a naza, or how do i solve this problem ?

I have been told by a reputable dealer that there is a way to short some of the pins and this resets it ? A bit nervous about that ...

Any suggestions

Many thanks

Matt

You seem to be saying you have both the Naza and the WKM, i.e., WooKong M... They may look very similar but there are major differences in electronic components, firmware and the assistant software.
Even the inside of the GPS/compasses are different. Best not to mismatch any of the firmware relative to the supporting "assistant software" and keep the firmware versions closely within the bounds of the assitant software version(s).

Hey Iris,

Well the old naza was on 1.6 and so i tried to update to 1.8 after updating then it won,t connect to the 1.8 software, and the new naza I,m not sure what it was on i think 1.6 so upgraded that to 1.8 and again from there cannot connect with the software either 1.6, 0r 1.8 . So now because I can,t connect to either of the software version I can't change back to an earlier version or match a version.

I did not set it back to default or disable which i think i am supposed to do before you upgrade ?

Either way no matter which version I use I cannot connect to the software any of the versions ? I really don,t believe it is a faulty hardware , well certainly not on the old one , perhaphs on the new but that is unlikely ...

tks

Matt

I guess you cant revert back then can you? Which firmware is it you updated to that has this issue?

Thanks Peter, i,m quite certain that I know the differences of my Wookong-m and Naza-m and obviously realise that I cannot use one software for both the naza and the wkm, that is not my issue, it is simply that no matter which version of naza software assistant I use I cannot connect my MC to the naza assistant software.

tks
Matt

You seem to be saying you have both the Naza and the WKM, i.e., WooKong M... They may look very similar but there are major differences in electronic components, firmware and the assistant software.
Even the inside of the GPS/compasses are different. Best not to mismatch any of the firmware relative to the supporting "assistant software" and keep the firmware versions closely within the bounds of the assitant software version(s).

But did you successfully install your USB driver first?
This would preclude all other efforts to upgrade firmware or even communicate with the Naza.
Is the blue light in assistant software flashing on/off?

Another item to consider.......There is also one serial number required for each NAZA system and monitored and controlled by NAZA assistant. If the serial numbers are lost or mixed up there may be issues.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Another item to consider.......There is also one serial number required for each NAZA system and monitored and controlled by NAZA assistant. If the serial numbers are lost or mixed up there may be issues.

Yeah, I never did understand the idea behind the serial number thing.... weird.

Ok thanks for all the help guys,

I have checked the drivers and for my wkm's they work fine but when i try to use it on my nazas then my comp just won,t recognise the device ? To conclude it must be something with the naza as the drivers installed correctly for sure and no matter what it still will not recognise the device when powered up and connected to the mc. In all the different usb ports ,

ce la vie , back to dji

matt

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I am getting confused by this... what you're saying is, You have both DJI and WKM units? 2 different software programs.. Naza Assistant and WKM Assistant?

If this is so, I would do the following, Uninstall both Naza and WKM software. Leave the driver as it seems like it is universal. Install your Naza software and test to see if it works, making note of the installation folder. If it is working, proceed to install the WKM software, again making note of where it is installing to. Do not allow windows to overwrite any files, this could be your problem.

Now, something else to take into consideration, your driver could be corrupted or over written with something, try removing or uninstalling the driver. Unplug your WKM or NAZA from the computer, uninstall the driver, reboot the machine. Install the drivers again and fire up the software and plug in your NAZA, see if this helps.

Something else to consider, is it possible you picked up the wrong firmware for the wrong unit? I.E. flashing the WKM to the Naza and so forth?

02deuce

Time Warped
Had the same problem yesterday with Naza, after doing some fail safe checks in the software I had probably connected and disconnected to the software 5-6 times when all of a sudden the software stopped recognizing the USB port. After reloading the USP driver (windows 7) about 10 times and the software twice, all of a sudden it all connected????
I don't know what caused the problem or what really corrected it. But for a moment I thought I was loosing my mind.

DEANOT,

Hi yes I have both the naza and wkm and my wkm and driver works fine....it,s the same driver for both anyway, so i know that the drivers are working fine. But i can see that when i connect the naza to my computer the computer does not recognise the naza at all. When i connect the wkm boom the comp recognises the device ie wkm, and i can use the assistant software. It has to be a problem with the naza.
I,m going to send them back to dji and see what they say....
tks for the help guys

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
They might be away for a long time, do you have anyone that can test them? or send them to someone you trust to test them for you?

02deuce

Time Warped
Hi yes I have both the naza and wkm and my wkm and driver works fine....it,s the same driver for both anyway, so i know that the drivers are working fine.
Not entirely true, yes its the same driver but when mine was acting up I could connect to my WKM software but not the NAZA.

02deuce

Time Warped
Besides reload the USB driver and software a bunch of times + rebooting my laptop (still didn't work). I then took a 30 minute break came back plugged it in and it starts connecting to the software???? Beyond me.