Can I have Manual mode *AND* RTH mode accessible?

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
I currently have my flight mode switch on my Spektrum Dx8 programmed for GPS/Atti, Atti, and Manual modes. I like having Manual accessible, as I'm new to the Naza, and I want to be able to override the flight control's brain if things get wonky (I've read all the flyaway stories). But I'd also like to have Return To Home available as an emergency fallback if things go weird in another way (like getting too far away, losing orientation, etc). I guess I could just shut off the transmitter and the Naza should go into failsafe, but that feels risky.

It seems to me that my transmitter's flight mode switch can do either Manual or Return to Home on position 3. Can I put one or the other of those on another switch? I can't be the only person who wants to do this, right?

Thanks!

I fly with an 11X and I just did a "Program Mix" where I mixed my gear switch to my 3-position switch (that controls M/Atti/GPS) and when I switch the gear switch from forward (off) to backward (on) it switches my Naza from what ever mode I'm in to FS. I have my FS set to "return home then land".

I henot tested it ye, u once my batteries charge, I'm going to check it all out....after one last tie going through all the settings...again..

Jon

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
I fly with an 11X and I just did a "Program Mix" where I mixed my gear switch to my 3-position switch (that controls M/Atti/GPS) and when I switch the gear switch from forward (off) to backward (on) it switches my Naza from what ever mode I'm in to FS. I have my FS set to "return home then land".

I henot tested it ye, u once my batteries charge, I'm going to check it all out....after one last tie going through all the settings...again..
Cool...let me know how that works out. Sounds like a good solution! Thank you.

Rotorfreek

I also have a mix set up to achieve this. In the Naza assistant you leave it set up to GPS/ATTI/man, and leave it on any 3 way switch. Then set up any other 2 or 3 way switch as a mix - from your mode switch channel to the same channel. You then set it so when activated it pushes your mode switch between settings, which forces failsafe. Your mix will look like this. It works well, it's on a Futaba but works on Spectrum too. I've also set a switch up to lock throttle at 50% as a hover mode too. Easy to set up, just stay plugged into the assistant whilst you fiddle...

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

Rotorfreek

703877ed04abb72210f329d6f3d2d898.jpg

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

I did finally get to fly my Predator 650/Naza-L and I love, love, love demonstrating the RTH to my friends. It worked the first time without any issue. My Predator lands within 2m of take off point. I've got my sights set on a Naza-M V2 now and getting the Ground Station setup...it's way cool, but $200...