Can anyone recommend a cheap hard case to fit the f550

tikigod19

Hmm i make it you'd need about 25" but even the biggest drum (bass/kick) case is only 20". Can't see it being easy..

kloner

Aerial DP
this was $60 from ebay.... pelican knock off, would have fit a f450 props on...... not a 550, but there are real pelican cases for $150-$200 us that fit it......

002%20%281024x768%29_495.jpg

i.php

tikigod19

Thanks.. Unfortunately that ebay one couldn't accommodate the 550 as you say. Maybe I'll just need to backseat it and hope for the best.. The thought worries me though..

kloner

Aerial DP
shouldn't. i run around with 3 or 4 multis, 2-3 wings in a pickup truck, look like ma and pa kettle and i've only broke 2 props in a year.... had missed my road and slammed on the breaks then remembered as i heard the props cracking

pelican 1690 will fit the whole thing with a gimbal

http://www.nalpak.com/Pelican-1690?

Last edited by a moderator:

Search49

Search49
Check on Ebay, lots of options, I get very nice used cases from avforsale You just have to search. Here's one of the links for a case build I just did with one of their cases. http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?9532-Another-Case-Build-TBS-Discovery

I also did another one for the 550 which can be found here: http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?9317-Case-Build-for-DJI-F550&highlight=case+build

My next project is to modify the 550 case to carry both the TBS, F550 and all my gear. I've already started, just have to finish the layout. I'll post the pic's once I'm done

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
CPC in the UK have knock off Peli cases. I bought one for my Phantom - £23! They may have bigger ones but have not built my 550 yet.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hey,

I use a cymbal case as mentioned earlier. I take the props off for transport. been using it since last June and still happy but putting props on in the cold is a bit tiresome.

View attachment 10333View attachment 10334View attachment 10335

Has backpack straps and looks cool. No one suspects a Drone inside though!

Attachments

• f550 002.jpg
    f550 002.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 233
  • f550 004.jpg
    f550 004.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 235
  • f550 006.jpg
    f550 006.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 281

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Saw someone with a disco in a guitar case recently. Fitted nicely, even room for lipos .

Sent from my HTC HD2

tikigod19

Thanks very much for that. I was hoping to find a way of transporting with props attached by it appears everyone find it necessary to remove them.

Not owning one yet, could you tell me if it takes long to reattach all 6? Is there any chance you could misalign the props somehow by doing this?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It takes about 3 minutes to put the props on. Not too bad. Can't use threadlock unless you want to sit and wait for it to dry. Use nyloc nuts or something. I filed a groove into my Graupner blades so they fit the DJI motors.