camera video vibration with f450

zx12rcarl

can anyone give me any tips with video vibration... and how to get rid of it (low cost if pos)

ive tryed hard mount, foam, and now some anti vibration mounts and still i dont think i can come close
to some videos ive seen on utube... only just added the anti vibration mounts to my home made camera mount
so i dont no how well they will work but will give it a go weekend.

just dont get how some of them out there that hard mount and it looks sweet... but when i hard mount it looks
a rite mess lol. i understand prop and motor balancing is a big part but say you get that rite then what ?

plus whats the best way to balance motors...
has anyone tryed filming in 3d with a quadcopter .... maybe thats my prob (something to do with how it films in 3d??)
or cud it be down to what camera im useing ? is there some cams out there that are better to use for quads ?

i understand im not going to get real real good video on a budget but the shaking ive had is crazy
when others thats hard mount there cam look brill just dont get what im doin lol

any input?

carl.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Carl,

you got to give us some more info. Best a sample of the videos with the vibrations in it and a foto from your mount and how it is mounted to the frame

Boris

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
With the F450 I was intially flying with the DJI props and a GoPro hard mounted to the centeplate extensions and had really bad jello effect. Swapping the DJI props for a set of Graupners was a night and day difference. You can take the time to carefully balance the props you have and it will most likely make a visible difference. I wouldn't bother trying to balance the motors just yet, a lot of work for little gain until you get the major source of vibration under control and that would be the props.

Ken

I think the problem is the frame, from my first flight i see a lot of vibration on the arms, especially on the left front, with DJI 10" prop was high, with 8" DJI prop was really quite, now i use 10" Gefam prop balanced and is the same, please see the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ihEwqNPIZM&feature=youtu.be
Now i'm waiting the Graupner prop and try again, if is the same, i think is the frame, i have an idea for reduce these vibrations locking two arms for each side and make the frame one solid piece.
Do you have also this problems?

zx12rcarl

well i think ive fixed my video vibration probs...
bin out tonite with a w3 3d cam and a new mount i made and from the looks
of the video im geting no vibration at all from what i can make out.
tho i do need to get a 2 axis camera mount the quad was all over the shop in the winds tonite
1st time ive bin flying in wind and it was a bit of a handfull
saying that the Weight of my quad now is getting mad... dam them 5.8mah lipos are big :)
prob makes it better in wind but it was still all over :)
anyway looks like my lg 3d phone was no good for videos or it was mounted bad 3 times
thanks all for the tips and help.

zx12rcarl

monster... ive had what your getting in you video when i use cheap props and i didnt balance them... and even after balancing all props i had a crash when one of my props come to bits in the air
end up snaping a f450 arm... i now run Graupners e props 11x5 cos all i cud get hold of at the time but thinking of getting some 10x5