Camera Mount recommedations

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Ahh, you must be dreaming about that Perfect World where everything is standardised and straight-forward! They all have issues, including AVID.

Sorry, I have no idea why Premiere is not previewing cleanly.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The Sunex lens ... comes from these folks... http://www.optics-online.com/ I don't have the part number off the top of my head but could dig it up if need be.

Ken

Cannot get anywhere on their site because I don't know what to look for. If you can find the part no./reference no. it would be much appreciated. The GoPro fish-eye is great for dudes on surf boards taking videos of themselves but on a heli that bendy horizon gets tiresome quite quickly.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I bought the 6mm ragecams for my gopro and it is pretty nice. I bought it over the sunex because they said you can still use the waterproof case with it. It does need to be manually focused for close or far range. Thats pretty easy to do with the live out. I think it makes imperfections show up more though. The fisheye on the gopro will definitely hide more.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Cannot get anywhere on their site because I don't know what to look for. If you can find the part no./reference no. it would be much appreciated. The GoPro fish-eye is great for dudes on surf boards taking videos of themselves but on a heli that bendy horizon gets tiresome quite quickly.

DSL355A-650-F2.8 is the Sunex part number, they also have a European distributor so you don't need to order from the US, their contact info is in a list on the website I linked to earlier.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I bought the 6mm ragecams for my gopro and it is pretty nice. I bought it over the sunex because they said you can still use the waterproof case with it. It does need to be manually focused for close or far range. Thats pretty easy to do with the live out. I think it makes imperfections show up more though. The fisheye on the gopro will definitely hide more.

I looked at the Ragecam lenses but found they still have some degree of fisheye effect in all of them. Since I already had the Sunex it wasn't worth the cost just to be able to have the case waterproof again, I just took the glass lens off the front and let the Sunex stick through. If I had a bit more time on my hands I'd cut a delrin extender on the lathe so I could refit the glass lens but since I already cut a hole in the side of the case for the live video out connection it will never be waterproof anyway, the only thing it would accomplish is adding a bit of protection for the lens in the event of a crash.

Ken

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ken when did you buy your AV130 time wise. Planning to order one, not directly but over a store and want to go sure that its the newest one.

Thanks

Boris

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Hello Ken,

How did you get the GoPro apart to change the lens? After removing the battery, internal cover and half a dozen little screws the circuit boards still felt tied down. But I could not find any more screws.

Enjoyed your WKM post. The video is most definitely smoother.

Gray

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
there is a nice video if you type in rage cams installation. I remember there being a hard to reach screw on the side of the board. other than that it was pretty simple. I used a hair dryer to break the glue on the lens. I am sure this applies to the sunex as well.