Calling upon the experts.

mrob73

I have just completed the assembly of my new Bumblebee 550. I am now trying to set up the Gaui GU 344 FC with my DX7s. The issue I am now having is whenever I power up all four motors run without throttle input. This is my first multi rotor build and it really has me stumped. The other question I have is where do I plug in the servo for a single axis gimble? Please Help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emowillcox

It's possible when you arm the flight controller that all the motors will spin up slow. If u throttle up the machine will fly. If u don't throttle up it will cut off. Is your gimble a tilt axis?

mrob73

All motors spin up at full throttle and do not respond to any input. My gimble is tilt only, can I just plug that directly into aux 1 on my rx? How can I control it?

mrob73

I tried both directions in the reverse menu. Both did the same thing. I set all tx settings to default, no changes.

mrob73

I think I did but I cannot find any clear specific directions to do so. The manuals for both the Bumblebee and the GU344 are pretty sketchy at best.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Take off your props, put an esc into the throttle port on your bound rec., slide throttle all the way up, turn on your tx, power up your rec., wait for the two beeps, slide throttle down, wait for single beep, unplug rec., repeat on all esc's

this teaches your esc's what top and bottom throttle range is from your transmitter (tx).

mrob73

The esc's are ultra PWM. So I think they update faster than what the FC can process. I guess that's a good excuse to buy a Naza FC.

Emowillcox

Wonder if it could have something to do with the fail safe mode on your transmitter. Also what about your trim settings on your throttle did u check that?

ChrisViperM

I am not familiar with a Bumblebee, but the principle of of initial set-up is almost always the same, regardless of the equipment use.

Even in case you know already:

First step is to create a new model in your transmitter (airplane, no mixers, all trim to 0...)
Second step (at least I do it that way with equipment I didn't use before) I hook an old servo to each channel of my receiver to see if the channels are working - if later on I get problems, at least I know that side is OK.
Third step is to calibrate the ESC's. That can be done with Flight Control already wired in, or just by hooking the ESC's directly to the transmitter (my preffered method). The important thing to know is that different ESC's demand different procedures to be calibrated. So you have to find out (Google) what brand and model
your ESC is, and how it needs to be set up. In case there is no "special" treatment for your ESC, do it like tstrike suggested - thats "standard procedure" :

Take off your props, put an esc into the throttle port on your bound rec., slide throttle all the way up, turn on your tx, power up your rec., wait for the two beeps, slide throttle down, wait for single beep, unplug rec., repeat on all esc's

this teaches your esc's what top and bottom throttle range is from your transmitter (tx).

PS: If the receiver and the GAUI are having power without the ESC's being connected, you need to remove the red (power) wire of the ESC

Chris

mrob73

I have confirmed the ESC's that came with the kit are ultra PWM and the GU 344 only supports standard PWM. I tested one motor with the GU 344 and a standard 20 amp ESC and it worked correctly.