Calling NEX5 Users - Fireworks

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi All Nex5 users and pro photographers..

I have not shot a night before so would like some advice on settings for taking photos of fireworks from my ADX3.

How should I be trying to shoot them.

This s one I took tonight. We have the fireworks to music championships here in Southport and its the finals tomorrow night so would like to get some better ones if I can

Dave

attachment.php

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Dave, build yourself a kevlar body for the heli and fly through the fireworks...that would make a great video :)

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Very good! I know, it's difficult taking pics in the dark. Does the NE have a default setting for low light? Maybe worth a try.

jes1111

I don't think you're going to win this one. The way to do it is to use "Bulb" mode to hold the shutter open from just before the firework explodes, only closing it when the firework has finished exploding. Not easy to do on a multicopter ;)

Might be better to try to get permission to be hovering "close to the action" and point the camera back towards the crowd, seeing them "through" the streaks of light.

Either way you'd want to prejudge the exposure and be in manual mode, fixed focus, etc.

Good luck :)

BTW - Google "photograph fireworks" and you get quite a few guides.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I don't think you're going to win this one. The way to do it is to use "Bulb" mode to hold the shutter open from just before the firework explodes, only closing it when the firework has finished exploding. Not easy to do on a multicopter ;)

Might be better to try to get permission to be hovering "close to the action" and point the camera back towards the crowd, seeing them "through" the streaks of light.

Either way you'd want to prejudge the exposure and be in manual mode, fixed focus, etc.

Good luck :)

BTW - Google "photograph fireworks" and you get quite a few guides.

Thanks Jes.. Been all over google..no mention of MR's though! All tripod.. Saying that with the latest firmware from MK the multi looks like its on one in no wind:cocksure: