Call for beta test of DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal

DJI is going to release the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal(beta samples) for GoPro Hero 3. In order to help all customers to understand it well, DJI would like to offer beta test for friendly users, so that the customers can understand the new product features from the perspective of "users".
Note: The testing gimbal is a sample without warranty.

We are looking for beta testers who:
1) knows well of the multi-rotor flight control systems and the characteristics of the multi-rotor, has the experience in using DJI products;
2) own DJI Phantom, NAZA-M or Wookong-M at least which bought from DJI authorized dealers;
3) own GoPro Hero3 at least;
4) will provide an objective report within 1 week after receiving the gimbal, including at least one outdoor video. And share your experience as detail as possible in the forum to help the novice;
5) actively respond to the technical questions raised in the forum;
6) authorize DJI to use the testing videos.

Application procedure:
Applicator sends private messages to DJI innovations for beta test application which shows your multi-rotor experience and satisfied aerial videos, we will go through all the applications, and post the tester list in the thread.

Friendly users’ benefits:
1) use the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal free of charge, and send back the sample to your dealer after one month;
2) get the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal with half-price when the gimbal officially released;
3) be considered as a friendly user for the next beta test of a new product according to the quality of the video, feedback and constructive suggestions.

[video]http://player.vimeo.com/video/62966103[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

a5694107-236-IMG_8438.jpg

a5694096-79-IMG_8439.jpg

It's exciting to demo the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal at NAB show. We update the technical specifications and features here for your better understanding.

Technical specifications:
Weight (Gopro Hero 3 included): 230g

Input Voltage: 12V~16.8V

Working Current:
1. static current 400mA (@12V)
2. Dynamic current 600mA (@12V)

Operating Temperature: -10°C~50°C

Dimensions (damping kit included):99.5mm*85.5mm*92.75mm

Controlled Angle Accuracy: +/- 0.08°

Working Angle Limit: Pitch 50°~ -130° Roll ±39°

Supported camera: GoPro Hero 3

Features:
1. Plug and Play
No additional manual adjustment needed, do not need to adjust the C.G. or parameters in the software, easy mounting.

2. Compatible with DJI flight control systems
Compatible with DJI flight control systems, it can adjust the roll and pitch angle according to the accurate control of the Gimbal feedback and communicate with the MC in real-time. Currently support WooKong-M, the NAZA-M, Phantom, will support Ace, WooKong-H, NAZA-H, etc later.

3. Ideal stabilizer for Phantom
The mechanical design, weight will match the Phantom perfectly, the Phantom transmitter could be easily upgrade to the function of gimbal controlloing with a customized adjuster, no additional receiver channels needed just re-using the X1 channel.

4. Inherited the Core Technology from Zenmuse Z15
Inherited the core algorithm from Zenmuse Z15 gimbal and the unmanned aircraft flying attitude stability control algorithm, combined with high precision sensor, DJI Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal provides pixel level stabilized footage.

5. Independent IMU module
Independent high-precision IMU module provides precise attitude data and closed-loop control improved control accuracy, no additional installation and connection needed, stable and reliable.

6. Extreme light weight and solid mechanical design
Aluminum alloy material and innovative mechanical design makes the gimbal extreme light weight (230g total, GoPro Hero3 included). The aluminum frame structural design guarantees the strength of the gimbal.

7. Online upgrade
The functions could be easily upgraded by online firmware upgrade.

8. Customized for Gopro Hero3
The gimbal is customized for Gopro Hero3, remote start/end shooting, video transmission (need video downlink) etc will be supported by future firmware upgrade.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Dear DJI,

I wish you had asked me before posting this thread. If you need product testers then you should hire a few. I've seen threads like this at RCGroups and they typically turn into a circus and I'd prefer we not have that here.

If anyone would like to be a part of this, please PM DJI directly. Please insist that if you do the review you will be able to keep the gimbal instead of having to return it in one month.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Really, what does the end user get from product testing? ohh they need to do some work for DJI..... At the cost of DJI's products, they can afford to as Bart said, let the tester keep the product or pay someone to test it for them.

If it is a keeper, I would certainly do it.

PatMike

I understand why DJI wants the test units back: to test component durability (post-user-install), their own manufacturing/packaging/design processes, etc.

I also expect that DJI is assuming that they'll get mostly useless feedback from testers, since this seems targeted for the Phantom market.

That said, a quality analysis of a product deserves a quality compensation for that analysis.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
don't kid yourselves, DJI has plenty of personnel available to do product testing and development. they can also fly their test units until their hearts are content to see what wear and durability issues there are. when I see these offers of loaner equipment for review, i have nightmares of the RCGroups Lotus T580 fiasco.

ChrisViperM

Bart is right...this is nonsens. To do a field test you need guys with known experience to provide the appropiate feed-back....all they get by looking for testers on the forum is a few guys which get a hard-on by the thought of playing with this toy....

Chris

tstrike

pendejo grande
I think it's less about testing a gimbal and more about having a few forum members become product savvy so dji can get free help desk service on their products.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Bart is right...this is nonsens. To do a field test you need guys with known experience to provide the appropiate feed-back....all they get by looking for testers on the forum is a few guys which get a hard-on by the thought of playing with this toy....

Chris

Hard on or not, I would like to try before I buy any EXPENSIVE product... who wouldn't?

modles

Nerdlinger
Chris, I think you are doing this forum a disservice, there are many experienced members on here who can offer objective feedback. And to earlier comments about just paying people to test instead... the whole beauty of a forum is members locations, different temps, different altitudes, different setups, different flying styles, different technical knowledge. Writing a testing brief to cover all that would take longer and be much less cost effective.

Crowd testing is the way to do it.

SMP

Modles... let me offer you an edit. "Chris, I respectfully disagree". Hell, add in a "Chris, I disagree in the strongest of terms" etc etc. Not that Chris needs a fan boy but to suggest a dis-service?? No mate, the guys helped a half billion of us ;)

And now back to our regular program...

modles

Nerdlinger
fair enough, I didn't mean any disrespect, but I was only referring that one comment :)