Need Help! Calculate the maximum theoretical thrust.

Trapheal

I currently trying to build a quadcopter, am having a A2212-6T 2200kv outrunner brushless motor, with a 5000mah 3S 25c li-po battery. The maximum weight I set for the Quadcopter is about 1200g (1.2kg), currently with the battery and frame, am still around 589g.
Considering the payload capacity of about same as the weight, I would require a thrust of 2.4kg (24N).
My problem is how do I calculate the maximum thrust generated by the motors with different props (e.g 10×4.5, 7×5, 6×3 etc). I KNOW THE LARGER THE PROP the more thrust generated due to the area, but considering the motors I have, the rpm would be around 24420 I can't tell if that would have an impact on 30A ESC I would want use.
Please, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Trevcharl

I currently trying to build a quadcopter, am having a A2212-6T 2200kv outrunner brushless motor, with a 5000mah 3S 25c li-po battery. The maximum weight I set for the Quadcopter is about 1200g (1.2kg), currently with the battery and frame, am still around 589g.
Considering the payload capacity of about same as the weight, I would require a thrust of 2.4kg (24N).
My problem is how do I calculate the maximum thrust generated by the motors with different props (e.g 10×4.5, 7×5, 6×3 etc). I KNOW THE LARGER THE PROP the more thrust generated due to the area, but considering the motors I have, the rpm would be around 24420 I can't tell if that would have an impact on 30A ESC I would want use.
Please, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I saw a table some where, with props sizes, and motors, with the lifts. I would imagine one could select your combinantion from that? Hope this helps?
Cobra 2204 Prop data.jpg

Attachments

• Cobra 2204 Prop data.jpg
    Cobra 2204 Prop data.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 4,844

DrugiLue

Hi.... i would suggest to Multiply a motor’s wattage by 3 in order to get a good estimate of its thrust. To be safe, if thrust is not listed for a particular motor, call the manufacturer for more information.