Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Need Help! Calculate the maximum theoretical thrust.

Discussion in 'Beginners Drone Forum' started by Trapheal, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Trapheal

Trapheal New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Nigeria
    Posted by Trapheal, Dec 7, 2017 #1
    I currently trying to build a quadcopter, am having a A2212-6T 2200kv outrunner brushless motor, with a 5000mah 3S 25c li-po battery. The maximum weight I set for the Quadcopter is about 1200g (1.2kg), currently with the battery and frame, am still around 589g.
    Considering the payload capacity of about same as the weight, I would require a thrust of 2.4kg (24N).
    My problem is how do I calculate the maximum thrust generated by the motors with different props (e.g 10×4.5, 7×5, 6×3 etc). I KNOW THE LARGER THE PROP the more thrust generated due to the area, but considering the motors I have, the rpm would be around 24420 I can't tell if that would have an impact on 30A ESC I would want use.
    Please, any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Trevcharl

Trevcharl Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Vredenburg
    Posted by Trevcharl, Dec 7, 2017 #2
    I saw a table some where, with props sizes, and motors, with the lifts. I would imagine one could select your combinantion from that? Hope this helps? Cobra 2204 Prop data.jpg

Trapheal likes this.
  3. Trapheal

Trapheal New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Nigeria
    Posted by Trapheal, Dec 7, 2017 #3
    Thanks alot

4. DrugiLue

DrugiLue New Member

Mar 17, 2021
    Victoria, Florida, USA
    Posted by DrugiLue, Mar 17, 2021 #4
    Hi.... i would suggest to Multiply a motor’s wattage by 3 in order to get a good estimate of its thrust. To be safe, if thrust is not listed for a particular motor, call the manufacturer for more information.