C25 Quick Release System for Multirotor Arms

Good morning everyone. We posted here some months ago about this product. But, we figured a fresh thread would be appropriate. We are shipping these starting this coming Wednesday 6/03/15. We already have about half of our first batch spoken for from those who have been waiting for our release, but there still are units left! This system is designed for professional multirotor operators looking to finally solve the problems involved with transporting large craft. Everything you need to know is listed here on our product page:

http://www.catalystmachineworks.com...multirotor-arms-for-cinestar-or-similar-craft

But, if you still have questions please feel free to contact us at info@catalystmachineworks.com or just post here. We recently ran load testing for the C25 using a 550mm arm up to 20 LBS. This is 20 LBS on one arm... The 550mm is the distance from the far interior edge of the C25 coupling to the motor output shaft on the end of the arm. Once we finish producing the load test video I'll post it up here. Looking forward to fielding questions.

Attachments

• C25_RED_1.jpg
    C25_RED_1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 307
  • C25_RED_2.jpg
    C25_RED_2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 449
  • C25_RED_7.jpg
    C25_RED_7.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 338
  • C25_RED_9.jpg
    C25_RED_9.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 372
  • C25_COPTER_RED_1.jpg
    C25_COPTER_RED_1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 356
  • C25_COPTER_RED_2.jpg
    C25_COPTER_RED_2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 422

Guys and gals,

Here is the load test we ran for the C25. We ran up to 20 LBS, well actually 21 including the chain. We wanted to test to failure, but we used up all our weight so we had to stop the test. Needless to say the weight we achieved is well within the load rating we designed for. We have rated the C25 to 7.5 LBS using a 550mm arm (distance from the coupling to motor shaft). Shorter arms can allow for more weight.

Pumpkinguy

Ya, the machining looks beautiful. Good job. So there is 6 connectors. I'm assuming 3 for flat configuration and the other 3 for x configuration. What about the servo wires?

Ya, the machining looks beautiful. Good job. So there is 6 connectors. I'm assuming 3 for flat configuration and the other 3 for x configuration. What about the servo wires?

Thanks for the compliment! Yes, there are 6 total connectors. They are 4mm high current design specific for this application. It will support two motors on the end of the arm if the ESC's are located inside the center hub of the craft. This way to ESC signal wires don't have to run through the coupling. If the ESC is on the motor end of the arm then only one motor is possible since 3 of the bullets are used for the "servo" wires. Most ESC's are going OPTO these days so 3 wires needed for the ESC signal.

saenzm

Hi Motopreserve,
I am searching a way install one of the vulcan Z arms to a Cinestar frame. Could you please measure the sides of the boom (width and height) in mm to see if there´s a way to adapt them?
Do you have only one Z arm? How does the rig behaves? Do you see props on the video ? Are you pleased with it?
What is your setup?
Many questions, but if you can reply it would be of great help to me.

Cheers!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Let's move this to a PM so we don't hijack the thread with unrelated topics :)

Shoot me a message and I can check for you when I get home late tonight.