Bullet Bitten _ Now do I need a bigger ship!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
With lots of research and some really, really helpful stuff from members of this brilliant and growing community I bit the bullet today and bought a canon 550D. Now I just need a lens! But will the ADX3 cope.... we will see but it could just be the nudge I need to go for the HL version.. and most importantly commit myself into a build that 3 months ago I would not of even dreamt of contemplating.. building my scratch dream machine, soldering 'n' all...

With great thanks to all the guys new and old on this great community I have a plan.. all I have to do now is push it out..

Vade :)

851c7f55.jpg

dc367f16.jpg

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Welcome to the faith! Here's the bible

I see you've got the same problem I had when I bought mine, pretty ladies started showing up unannounced hanging around like they belonged there. Oh the difficulties we endure!

Great camera Dave, the kit lens is actually pretty useful while you sort out what eles you need to supplement it. I've gone the Sigma 10-20 route but I've usually got it set in the area of 12 to 14 so I'd be just as good with a fixed one at that and, someone said it somewhere, it'd be a lot lighter.

Don't lose the little rubber thingy on the neck strap, it goes over the viewfinder when you're not looking through it and keeps the light off the sensor. Lots of little things to sort through, have fun, and feel free to ask questions. Hopefully one of us can help.

The pico switches work like a charm for shutter release with the MK FC.
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Bart. My wish list is

Take photos with single shot and rapid fire.
Change from photo to video with out landing!

Is that in the Bible!

Would be interested in your st up to see just how you have done it. I think there is something on here from way back.. Ill go trawl

Dave

Macsgrafs

Only found it last night myself after searching for canon 40D hacks, but that 550D should be beautiful once patched.

Ross