Building a Mikrokopter a' la carte (from parts, no MK kit purchase)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
If it was overcontrolling that means the motors would responding too fast and in that case larger props would slow it down and tame the wobble, clearly that isn't happening here.

Ken

props that are too lightly loaded are going to make a larger increase in lift for a given control command. highly loaded props will just mash through the air making a smaller increase and effectively deadening any overcontrolling tendency. fly a plane at slow airspeeds, as the wing begins to work harder and harder to stay in the air, control commands become less effective and it takes greater displacements of the controls to get the same effect.
i'm not saying it's definitely what is happening here but it makes more sense than just blaming it on the I2c converter which is where I was initially going. maybe the MK full stack would handle the bigger props better. I don't really have a choice, I'm going to find out because I've got another DW frame and two MK okto power rings on their way. I have to pick a motor for the new frame and I'm considering going for the Axi's but I may just buy more Avroto motors since they're working just fine now.
Bart