Building a blackout and noticed different stickers on my ESCs. What do they mean?

coreyperez

All,

I'm building a Hex and just happened to notice that 4 of the 6 ESCs have a different "code" attached to the processor. Any idea what this is or what it means?

I'm flying numerous different Afro's, but in my other builds, they are all using the same "code", I've never noticed this before and apparently, this is the first time I've got a "mixed batch". I was just getting ready to start cutting off the existing shrink wrap to desolder/resolder the leads. (Thanks a TON hobby king....Errrrr)

Thanks for any help!

Corey
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2014-11-11 13.51.21_resized.jpg
    2014-11-11 13.51.21_resized.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 238

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hey Corey! I remember a member here finding out that the Afro's he had were shipped in a single order, but with 2 different firmwares. You might want to check with the retailer.

coreyperez

Hey Corey! I remember a member here finding out that the Afro's he had were shipped in a single order, but with 2 different firmwares. You might want to check with the retailer.

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking it was, but I cannot find any specific details. PLUS, as I was researching the whole "update firmware" deal, I've found numerous instances where they have melted down on initial power up and fried the motor they were attached to..

I'm on the fence about installing these just opposite each other. That way if they do have different tendency hopefully they would cancel each other out.

I'll probably just look into re-flashing them and take that chance.

Thanks!

Corey

coreyperez

In looking at the HK site I found NUMEROUS people having these burn up while trying to feed power to the Cobra 2204/32 motors. Looks like I've got 8 ESCs that I cannot use for anything now.

I've always said "You don't save money by saving money". I figured these would be a good option and would save me about $30 over the suggested Tiger ESCs.

GetFPV here I come (again)!

Corey