Hoverfly Broken USB connector in HF gimbal

elossam

Hi guys. Have a friend with a broken USB in a HF Gimbal board. The solder pads were off too but I am able to find alternative solder point to solder jumper wires for all pin/legs except the second one from the left (view form the plug point of view). I think it is the -DATA pin but not sure. Any idea where this pin goes to in the board so I can solder a direct wire?
Thanks

Attachments

• HVgimbal.JPG
    HVgimbal.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 251

Unfaix

I'll check mine and let u know when I am home.

Maybe the hover fly guys could chime in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

elossam

My mistake. The unknow pin from the usb is the secon from the right, so the opposite to the one shown in the picture.

elossam

He messed with the usb wire while conected so it was completely his fault. The bad thing is the pcb tracks where out too so there is no chance to solder them again excep looking for alternative points which are easy identified except for the second from the right.

nhirsch

Hi Elossam

can I ask how it came off? I had one just lift off recently.

My friend too, got an Arris CM2000 controller, new one with the micro usb port. I attempted to plug the usb cable in, the damn connector just lifted right off the board. It was sent back a week or so ago. The older boards had mini USB ports that were soldered at all 4 corners and they were larger size. The micro is only soldered only on each side so be real careful and maybe put some sugru or hot glue behind the connector before you mess with it too much.

Last edited by a moderator: