Mikrokopter BL 2 Problem Not Reported in MKtool

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just when you thought everything was OK you get smacked again!

This time I just went to power up the stack to check everything over again and what happened first I got a BL error reporting #3 had an error.. This has been an intermittent error that seemed to go away if I left the stack connected to the battery for 5 mins then unplugged the battery and reconnecting it seemed to clear the fault.. I was not happy with that and thought I would swap out the hit and miss problem with BL#3 by replacing it.

Now before I had a chance to swap it out I powered the stack up and every BL has a green and red light on but the weird thing is that the MK tool is saying everything is healthy...

Help AGAIN

DAve

Crash

Defies Psychics
I think #3 is acting up and choking the I2C bus. Desolder the C and D lines on #3 and see if the problem converts to just a missing #3.

I don't know what kind of damage you may have done to the distribution board in your crashes. Another thing to try would be to bypass the I2C wiring on the distribution board for #3 by temporarily running C and D wires to another BL-Ctrl or to the board pads.

Does that make sense?

Just when you thought everything was OK you get smacked again!

This time I just went to power up the stack to check everything over again and what happened first I got a BL error reporting #3 had an error.. This has been an intermittent error that seemed to go away if I left the stack connected to the battery for 5 mins then unplugged the battery and reconnecting it seemed to clear the fault.. I was not happy with that and thought I would swap out the hit and miss problem with BL#3 by replacing it.

Now before I had a chance to swap it out I powered the stack up and every BL has a green and red light on but the weird thing is that the MK tool is saying everything is healthy...

Help AGAIN

DAve

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi AGAIN Crash.. Thanks it makes Perfect sense.. I am a little twitchy about the distribution board. I think I am going to scrap it and start again. I cant afford a failure just for a €30 part and a couple of hours rebuild. I have new B's and distribution board so I have started to build it up last night. I will try what you suggested so I can rescue the good BL's for another build.

I am sure I have seen it some were how to test individual BL's.. have you any links to how this is done?

Dave