Best FPV camera

cootertwo

I have one of those cameras, but I mistakenly got the "board" version, no case, and no case available!
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/690TVL-Ultra-WDR-Pixim-SEAWOLF-Sensor-OSD-Camera-2.8mm-Wide-View-%252d-US.html
And it's larger than most, and no way to trim the board down. It has little components all the way out to the edge of the board. And, it's too big to fit between the two plates of any of the quads I have. So I had to fiddle around. I got it mounted to the stock camera mount, by screwing into the back of the heat sink, but it extends past the frame, so a head on collision will probably destroy it. The camera does seem to have a little better color quality, than a standard 600TVL Fat Shark camera. Also, it has a heat sink, which adds to the weight slightly. "BUT" $50 better than a $40 Fat Shark, "no" not in my opinion.

khellio

hands down no questions asked, this is the est one money buys. you can fly way past what you'd ever be able to do LOS, it flies into the sun as well as away from it during dawn/dusk and mid day you can pickout more stuff than with any other cam.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/p...F-Sensor-Chip-OSD-Camera-2.8mm-Wide-View.html

I've got 8 of them installed and they all work as well as the last

If your just getting going the monitor is alot easier to progress faster than with the goggles. those tend to make it alot more exciting but it's hard to learn with IMO...... a good 8" monitor is less than $100, can see anything you'd ever need to and can be mounted on a tripod or on your transmitter. 10" gets to be big, 7" is on the smaller side of what works for me.

I just looked at the website and I'm wondering how they can be mounted for use with goggles (head tracker or what options are available?

kloner

Aerial DP
you would need to build or buy a small servo gimbal for head tracking..... there available at the fpv stores like readymade.

the only type i've ever used is non cased type,,,,, you don't need a case, just weighs more....

20140208194820-1ab8d41c-la.jpg

20140208185406-3889d10b-la.jpg

20140109132747-7c46ad5a-la.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

khellio

Thanks for the tip and the pics Kloner. Not sure if ready made would ship to Australia though.
Being new to all this, I don't have a clue on everything I'd need to start. That includes the camera, goggles and anything else.
Any suggestions to steer me in the right direction would be much appreciated....perhaps a list?

SamaraMedia

Kloner,

How'd you get that cam to fit in the TBS Pro? Spec's call for 38x38mm while TBS recommends 32x32mm. I have one like yours and it seems too big to fit without separating the top and bottom plates more than standard height and the board can't be cut down because of circuitry.

kloner

Aerial DP
I had to trim the pcb a tad..... i tried moving over to the tbs 69 on later builds but i'm back to these again....

tbs69

pzo513 seawolf pixim

SamaraMedia

Yeah, I thought the photo of the TBS Pro had a TBS 69 cam, looked different that the Pixim. Sure ain't much room to remove the PCB board of these things.

SamaraMedia

What are you using for a wiring harness?

View attachment 18606

Bought used of MR forum so just this one standard cable included. Should I use this one and use just the record, power and ground wires or do you use something else. Can a molex be plugged into the small connector on the left of the photo? Likes like four pin.

Attachments

• Seawolf.jpg
    Seawolf.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 404

SamaraMedia

I'll probably leave the RMRC cam I have on the Disco Pro for now and mount the Pixim on a 800mm hex I'm building now with KDE 2814 515kv motors with 6s.

kloner

Aerial DP
the heat sink is part of the pixim seawolf processor. most cams don't have them. what model is yours?