Basics of Setting up Eagletree elogger and OSD PRO on a multi-rotor

Fat Corgi

Hey [MENTION=1417]kloner[/MENTION],
I'm wiring up an EagleTree system now for use on a Wookong controlled octo, and just wanted to get a few things straight.
1.) I don't send any of the control inputs to the OSD (throttle, ail, elev) as this is just for the RTH function of the EagleTree systems. Correct?
2.) The GPS expander will give me an approximate ground speed and home indicator on the screen correct? That's about it's only benefit for a multi rotor?
3.) Other than the Altimeter, that's about all the sensors that will be of use? Or do you recommend any others?
Cheers
Corgi

kloner

Aerial DP
1. correct, that's only good for a plane....

2. yea, it tries to do altitude to if no barometer

3. i used temp and slid it under my battery and under a rear motor, you can tap intoa receiver to display rssi on compatible rx's. you could look at any random bec voltage.

Fat Corgi

Is the temp sensor an infrared one, or does it have to be in contact with a surface to read accurately? I was considering burying one amongst the esc nest, but there is enough wire in there already. The RSSI does interest me though, although I'll have to research that further. I run a futaba system for both the pilot and camera operator, and it would be with my 14sg/r7008 combo.

kloner

Aerial DP
they are contact temp sensors, we just put them under the motor plate,,,, it wasn't really worth much, they never got warm

heres my first 450 with a full blown eagle tree in it.

looks like it was on the batt and esc at that point... i moved em around, kinda nice i guess if your testing stuff

here it's in what it's made to do, makes the model self level like a naza when you add guardian, love them things

Last edited by a moderator:

Fat Corgi

Power for the camera and VTX can come from a separate source other than the OSD correct? So I can send the yellow signal wire from the camera to the OSD's video in port, and a yellow signal wire from the OSD's video out port to the transmitter, but power both the transmitter and the camera through separately through their red and black lines?

kloner

Aerial DP
it might want a ground with the yellow wire. depends how it's all setup, the rest yea, red and black from bec or seperate packs

kloner

Aerial DP
depends on the system but in a worse case as well...... if i remember right the video channels on the osd pro don't have a buss type ground to the vid channels and they rely on passing through a ground.

the bec and the power/ground is a must always