Baltimore checking in

Kilby

Hello Everyone,

Just joined the forum and thought I would stop by here and say hello. My name is Terry Kilby and I'm from Baltimore, MD. I got into multirotors a few months back after flying CP helis for about a year. I was really interested in FPV/AP and saw this as the perfect platform for it. Right now I'm flying a home built tricopter based on the "Creep 1.0" airframe designed by Johnorama over at RCGroups.com I've been specializing in urban AP mostly and getting more into FPV when I have the time. You can check out some of my shots at http://elevatedelement.com , but the site was only JUST put up and i'm still getting content added.

I'm looking forward to meeting a few people from the area that are also into multirotors and possibly organizing some meet-ups this summer.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yo Kilby... nice pics... guess you are doing some manipulation there but very nice, GoPro camera?

Fill us all in with your kit. I have posted a thread for budding and commercial AP photographers / videographers so it would be nice if you post some of your work there for everyone to reference. Seems you have a commercial background on photography so your input would be welcome.

Oh and by the way... WELCOM to MRF.

Dave

Kilby

Hey Dave,

Thanks, and yes, I do some manipulation in Photoshop. We are working on a project right now where we are getting these image printed to oversize canvas and then applying a layer clear along with some minor color enhancements. Hopefully we will be having a show in Baltimore sometime this summer to showcase some of our work. My fiance works on this with me. Using a secondary monitor in FPV she helps me find and frame just the right shots. I'll be sure to post something over in the other thread, but to get an idea of what I'm talking about I've included an image of our first canvas below.

Canvas001.jpg

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
AGAIN NICE.. I am really old school when I had to wait week till I got my slides back to see if my minds eye view worked via the camera.. these days its all about NOW... I dont fly FPV yet and only have my minds eye to try and position my camers to were I think there will be a good shot then take a series and hope I get one thats good.. I know I will go to the next step of framing via FPV but for now its just good to get some shots and get me bird back down in one piece!

Carry on the good work and please keep us all up to date your work especially if you are going exhibit stuff.

Dave

PS that could be my beach.. Ainsdale UK, fantastic for kite boarding/surfing

Last edited by a moderator:

Very cool Kilby! I was a big fan of Lightroom 3 but I only had the 30 day trial. I just got to bite the bullet and buy it. It can def. add a whole new dimension.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
kilby
as eric said, very cool idea and great looking pic. welcome to the forums, i hope we can help with what you're doing.
we're getting to the point where an east coast fly-in could be a pretty sizeable event, maybe not another Joe Nall just yet but we should have ten or more people in attendance which is eight or more than i expected when i first posted that thread!
welcome and keep up the good work. i think we're all raising our own expectations with each new idea that arrives here.
bart

Kilby

Thanks, Bart. I'm happy to see so many multi-rotor fliers in the area. I think it will be great to get together with others. Till now, I have never flown multis with anyone else, only a couple of other CP helis.

Emowillcox

That is a cool canvas. Did you get that made
Local or from on line? I had some canvas done of Some photos from a trip I recently made to the Ukraine. I got them on line and love them just wish they had bigger size then the 16x22

Kilby

I got it done online. They do tons of different sizes. Check them out. http://www.canvas4life.com/

I was very pleased with the canvas once it showed up, but they flubbed the order a little bit at first. Nothing to bad though, just some minor mix ups.

Emowillcox

canvas

Thanks Kilby... nice site.. just checked it out and I see they will go all the way to 40x60 and prices look pretty good.
thanks, MikEmo