AV 130 MK roll issue.

ZAxis

Ok so for the past week I've been trying so solve a few issues with the Y6. I've come to to conclusion that it is this unintentional roll of the camera gimbal that annoys me most. It really has no relation to how the craft is sat but it just slowly leans to one side then corrects itself (slowly) please see the attached video to see what I mean. even during a straight run it can roll over loosing the horizon although the craft is running straight. Any explanations? Can't wait for a Skyline!
thanks.
Lec

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

Lec ...

Put just a GoPro, no case on the gimbal with no video downlink cables and see if it still happens. If the servo is struggling this might give it a lighter load to shift.

Is it only happening after a fast yaw like in the video ?

Order a Skyline anyway !

Z snr

ZAxis

Ok I'll have a play with that tonight. Why don't you just pop over & see PH to see it you can save on the shipping by picking one up?
Lec

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
This is an example of what happen to mine

Never sorted it.. What firmware are you using?

Dave

ZAxis

Updated to MK FC 0.88 tonight to see if it improves things gimbal wise. It didn't. The rest of the flight regime will be checked tomorrow.
The AV130 moves really slowly and takes a few seconds to settle the last little bit to horizontal. The roll compensation is set around 65. We're running it at 6.5 volts from a Traco dc/dc converter as recommended by PH and others.
I'm wondering if a converter with a higher current rating and 7.2v would be better.

andy

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I dont think the voltage is the problem.. I am in the office today so will take a look at the settings Le sent me and compare with mine. You had the roll on a toggle on your radio. Have you removed that function? Does it do the same with the nick?

I have two FC's set up for mine. Maybe you could try my Old FC

Dave