Autoquad 6 public beta release

Not yet. Ill probably wait for the beta period to end before getting any new stuff. But this looks like a killer system, and for 350 euro undercuts competition by more than half.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
just ordered 4 of the ESC32 what the heck to try it out on a FPV quad lets see.

Boris

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the test was done with zero wind. if it could handle 10 or 15 knots I'd bet he'd have posted that video instead. looks good but probably too early to jump in, IMHO.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
With the included 1 Capictor they recommend 10A continuous 4s, two in parallel and cooling up to 20 A continuous, for a FPV bird that should be okay: Tiger motors to 18A

The input capactitor is a critical component for ESC32 operation. The capacitor(330uF/35V) supplied with the kit is safe for “normal” use on up to 4S withcontinuous currents below 10A. Increase capacitance (add another in parallelor increase the capacitor size) if:

• Running long wires from battery to ESC (more than 25cm)
  • Running high continuous currents (Cooling needed. Refer to chapter 3)
  • Using 5S (use 50V capacitor for 5S)
    Input capacitor should be Low ESR type always!
and

4 - Current and cooling considerations
How much current you can actually draw from ESC32, depends ultimately onhow good they are cooled.
Our general recommendation is, that with "normal" continuous current atunder 10A per motor, special cooling considerations are not needed. Thegate-driven design means that the ESC ́s wont warm up considerably whenrun at low currents.

The upper limit is probably upwards of 50A, but that will require extremelygood cooling. The factory default for the current limiter in the firmware is 20Acontinuously. Going beyond that limit will require attention to proper coolingand temperature of the ESC.

Manual Data sheet : http://www.flyduino.net/documents/esc32_v_0.pdf

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
jesus i have no clue about these parameters that can be programmed thats gonna be fun :)

Mactadpole

No doubt this is worth watching. REALLY looking forward to everyones flights with this FC. Especially in wind and waypoint flights. Knowing that it is open-source means that I might finally be able to have a fully autonomous copter for dense forest mapping. My greatest desire -> Take-off manually or auto (to specified altitude), fly waypoint mission that goes beyond tx/rx connection limits, return home at preset altitude for manual or auto landing.

Fingers crossed we finally get a winner with the whole package.

Mactadpole

Getting more impressed:

Windy conditions PH:

Gimbal performance:

Looking forward to seeing this board in the hands of some folks to put it through the paces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mactadpole

Now I am getting excited!

For Waypoint missions, from the WIKI:

"
Failsafe events during mission: during the execution of the mission, a radio loss signal is ignored until the last mission command is executed."

Last edited by a moderator: