Show your FPV video

MidwestRob

Kloner, I think you are flying at least 10-15mph faster in your videos compared to mine. You really get that thing smoking.

kloner

Aerial DP
I push the cyclic full forward in atti,,,,, when it lets off i just barely back off trying to look forward a little ways then i push forward. Swear i'm gonna bend the stick. Next trip out think i'll give man a shot. I'm just always so overwhelmed it never crosses my mind. Theres so much going on to do this stuff...... especially considering theres no real training like if we were in the military. I got mad respect for anybody that can fpv at all

How long you had multi rotor? how long you fpv'd? how long have you been into rc period?

MidwestRob

How long you had multi rotor? how long you fpv'd? how long have you been into rc period?

My first experience with RC started late last fall when my daughter convinced me to buy one of those cheap coaxial helicopters. I had so much fun with that thing I decided to do some research for another heli and stumbled across multirotors. I knew I had to have one when I saw what they were capable of.

My first few experiences with multirotors didn't go very well and I got discouraged pretty quickly. I took some advise and bought one of those RC simulators and started flying LOS confidently around my back yard earlier this year. It wasn't until a few months ago that I actually started flying FPV. Like you, I have much respect for those who are able fly FPV. It isn't as easy as it looks. I'm still very new to it all, but I feel like I've learned so much since I started.

DesJardins

Looks like you have been flying FPV for a year MWR!
I just got my 3rd FPV flight in so I'm starting to feel more comfortable already so once I get my frame I can start going faster with confidence

kloner

Aerial DP
it comes on fast, especially if you got place to practice. my first fpv flight was easter...... first plane fpv flight was labor day weekend

But i had years of single rotor experience and a year of 3d plank flying

DesJardins

My wife is tired of hearing about my pending TBS and all the videos I try and show her.
But she loves watching me fly them & damn I'm lucky that she even poses with all my **** ;-)

756901c4.jpg

MidwestRob

Yes sir, you are lucky indeed. LOL, I had to glance over my shoulder to make sure my wife didn't see me looking. Unfortunately, my wife isn't too impressed with my toys anymore. :(

DesJardins

if she'll listen to any of it shes a keeper......

flown single rotors much?
That's the truth!

yea I loved my Heli's but felt it was the same thing and starting to push my skills ended up with some close calls thinking I possessed Bert K's skills when I was far off. lol

So I ditched my Heli's for the MR's and FPV. Couldn't be happier but here is a quick pic my wife snapped one day when I was flying.

877ce338.jpg

Yes sir, you are lucky indeed. LOL, I had to glance over my shoulder to make sure my wife didn't see me looking. Unfortunately, my wife isn't too impressed with my toys anymore.

LOL, I told her I was posting that pic and she said "tell me when you want more pics with the MR"
I simply said "God I love you"

hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
a little plank, but fun still the same. This place is such a tenderbox i'm scared to put the quad down in there...... after the first rains, i'll hit the gaps right away. Slowly finding all the lines to take.....

DesJardins

That's a pretty awesome location, I'd be scared to toss the TBS down there too with all that landscape!

Might as well toss mine up here too, not as exciting flight footage but my first 1/2 mile test.

kloner

Aerial DP
this is the as-10 on the disco, all i changed was put the stock shoe on it that uses some double sided tape.....

MidwestRob

this is the as-10 on the disco, all i changed was put the stock shoe on it that uses some double sided tape.....

Nice one Kloner. I like how the Sony AS-10 doesn't have that fish eye look to the video. Do you have any pictures with it mounted to your frame?

kloner

Aerial DP
View attachment 6908

had to make in not bolted to the frame and had to use the supplied foot and shoe to finish off the last of the jello. Still has this issue with fogging up though....

Attachments

• DSC00199 (1024x680).jpg
    DSC00199 (1024x680).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 365

hjls3

Kloner I got some decent vid from mine this weekend. However, was quite surprised by some pretty poor performance Sat morning in the very cold temps. It was more or less, snowing and blowing sideways. Fogging up. Was thinking about getting some air in the case, but will lose its water proof qualities. Might be ok for me but not okay if you are always flying over water. WHat kind of times are you getting out of the battery?

kloner

Aerial DP
I haven't had it out more than one movie at a time, but sat i left it on and within a couple hours it was on one bar and not even filming. It sucks cause you gotta take it out of the case to turn it off. I'm gonna leave it on the nose of the disco to the river this trip and hopefully my GP gets back and will leave it on the nose of zII..... I still haven't taken this other as-10 out of the box yet till i get this sorted...... want to implant this in my zeph if the thing works out. The color is great, the 1080p for no extra anything, awesome.... the fogging up when none of it's ever been wet, lame. My heros don't even do that, but i've seen anti fogging dessicant on gp's site, must happen there too

Jackella

Rain finally stopped over here.
Bit from weekend Naza flown in manual mode..

Dean NZ

My first experience with RC started late last fall when my daughter convinced me to buy one of those cheap coaxial helicopters. I had so much fun with that thing I decided to do some research for another heli and stumbled across multirotors. I knew I had to have one when I saw what they were capable of.

My first few experiences with multirotors didn't go very well and I got discouraged pretty quickly. I took some advise and bought one of those RC simulators and started flying LOS confidently around my back yard earlier this year. It wasn't until a few months ago that I actually started flying FPV. Like you, I have much respect for those who are able fly FPV. It isn't as easy as it looks. I'm still very new to it all, but I feel like I've learned so much since I started.

I was exactly the same....little heli, so I have a 550, just about to gear up for FPV, I have a few other toys to sell first.....