At what v/cell should I set my alarm?

Hey Guys.

n00b question related to this thread:
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...How-do-I-know-when-my-battery-is-about-to-die

After the feedback I picked up one of these:
http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-sp-flvs.html
and hooked it up to my taranis.

My Taranis is set to warn me when Im at 3.4v at the lowest cell.

However, that doesnt give me enough time to bring it down!
Both times I've flown it until the alarm went off, my quad fell before I was able to get it to the ground...

Whats a better setting to put it at?

Also, does it matter if Im running 3S or 4S?
I have a combination of the two going from 4kMah to 5.5kMah.
Can the alarm be set the same for all batteries?

Thanks!
Chris

cootertwo

Just my opinion, I don't want to ruffle any feathers, as I just had a go round on another forum, for posting in the wrong place, crime of crimes! But I say YES, you should have the voltage set the same for all packs, as the voltage alarm measures the individual cells, and on all the lipo's we use, that is usually 3.5, 3.6. Any lower, which I've done many times, and you wind up with a "puffy" that may still work, but can't be relied on. And you never know when they might just go ballistic. Also, like many people say around here, you can measure how much you have to put back into the pack, and shoot for 80% to keep things nice. "JUST MY OPINION":tennis:

janoots2

Depends on what your load is and how much cushion you want, but I set mine at 3.5. Best exercise you can do is throw on a lipo alarm with large led's, take off and write down (or record and then write down) what your voltage is at each minute interval and plot that data on a line graph. You'll learn how lipos discharge, get an idea for what your load is, and have a very good idea on how long to set your audible timer alarm for.

FlyGirl

3.5 here too at the lowest but I always make sure I'm headed back home at 3.7 or 3.8 if I'm out a distance away or if I'm going to have a headwind coming back....

Thanks team.
I guess Ill set the first alarm at 3.7 and the siren at 3.5 and see how that goes...

Kind of like hitting the snooze button in the morning.
What can possibly go wrong?!?