Installed H33D gimbal and it glitches when my TX is turned on

Asesapie

So as the title says my gimbal glitches out when my TX is turned on. I believe I have all of the connections made correct from the receiver to the naza. Without the TX on the gimbal is great then I turn on the TX and it starts to glitch out.

Anyone have any idea why? I'm using the Graupner mx-20 HOTT TX and RX.

Here is a video showing the gimbal glitching after I turn on the TX and try to adjust the tilt with my switch
http://youtu.be/uylN0U1vSDQ

Buzz_Roavr

Always turn your tx on first. Then power up your system and don't flick it about like that then see what happens!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Oh, here's a thought. Have you tried using a different channel for the gimbal control or a different switch on your transmitter? I'm thinking a dirty pot or something.

Asesapie

I'll try a different channel but the the channels it is currently plugged into are the same channels my previous gimbal were plugged into and it worked just fine. I'll try that and see what happens

Asesapie

well I have my gimbal working now except when adjusting the tilt from my transmitter I only have straight forward or down. There is no adjustment otherwise. I've tried adjusting the movement from the transmitter and naza software and nothing changes. Any ideas why or how to get the full range of adjustment from the gimbal?

Asesapie

I am using a knob not switch. I don't know why it's only going from straight forward to down. I have the graupner mx-20 transmitter and it worked great with my previous gimbal.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Cool. There's no need to keep mentioning your previous gimbal, new gimbal so start over. Do you have any dual rates (end-points) programmed into your gimbal transmitter channel?

Asesapie

I have tried adjusting the end points on my transmitter and the settings in the naza with no success. The knob continues to act as a switch which doesn't make any sense. The know moves slightly and the gimbal goes straight down.

Asesapie

Well I had a small mishap and my 550 ended up stuck upside down for about an hour and the gimbal continued to try to center itself again but was unable to as it was upside down. Well it was way off center after this issue so I attempted to reset the gimbal via jumping the two points on the gimbal. I got the red/yellow lights and hen plugged the gimbal into my comp with the gimbal assistant. Uploaded the new software for all items and now it doesn't work at all. The gimbal sits there and glitches out very bad. I tried uploading the new software several times with no change. I have attached a video showing the issue.

http://youtu.be/XFCNagUEFlc

Anyone have an idea what happened? Thanks

Ronan

Take this with a grain of salt (aka i'm not responsible):
Uninstall everything H3-3D related from your computer, reinstall fresh.
Jump again, then proceed to update.

Asesapie

I tried that at least uninstalling the gimbal assistant. There isn't anything else h33d related that I can think of. I guess I can try again tomorrow.

Asesapie

Well I took the gimbal apart today to see if I could find something broken and found the grub screw for the yaw motor to the gimbal arm was loose. I tightened it up and the gimbal is working great. Glad it isn't broken

Ronan

Well I took the gimbal apart today to see if I could find something broken and found the grub screw for the yaw motor to the gimbal arm was loose. I tightened it up and the gimbal is working great. Glad it isn't broken

Great news!