Arm/disarm function

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I noticed when I first spun the heli up the other day, there is no motor arm or disarm function...this can be very dangerous, because if you turn off the transmitter before the heli, it goes into failsafe and takes off (well, mine almost did, but the props were off!)

I wonder if DJI would consider changing this in their next firmware update? Can't be too hard to do, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Gunter.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
well for some reason they are not considering it. Although several people in the RC groups forum already demanded or requested it. I dont remember but something new will be added in the next update concerning failsafe.
If i remember correctly they just approach the arming disarming thing from the heli side and recommend a motor switch. Which i consider unsafe for the copter. Check kens vids he already had a bad experience with it.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
by the way the way Gunter you are very lazy on your build thread :) give use some photo updates on your build eager to see your progress !

ovdt

They will include arm/disarm feature in the next firmware which is supposed to be released in a matter of time.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
sorry gunter shouldnt be commenting that tired and sick :). you have your build thread updated :)

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Wow, it's a day old. I saw the release notes:

Changes:
l Add a new throttle starting mode – Arm mode
l Add a new parameter in Autopilot page

What’s new?
l View Option, Joystick & Keyboard Control and Click Go functions activable
l Add latest version checking function in PC configuration software

Who's going to be the first to use the click and go functions? Any idea how all that works?

Gunter.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Wow, it's a day old. I saw the release notes:

Changes:
l Add a new throttle starting mode – Arm mode
l Add a new parameter in Autopilot page

What’s new?
l View Option, Joystick & Keyboard Control and Click Go functions activable
l Add latest version checking function in PC configuration software

Who's going to be the first to use the click and go functions? Any idea how all that works?

Gunter.

I think what they're referring to with the click and go is they've added the functions to the firmware to work with soon to be released Waypoint software, you will need a ground station with that software to activate click and go. I guess that means the Waypoint isn't far off if they've already added the code to make it work to the base firmware.

Ken

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I think what they're referring to with the click and go is they've added the functions to the firmware to work with soon to be released Waypoint software, you will need a ground station with that software to activate click and go. I guess that means the Waypoint isn't far off if they've already added the code to make it work to the base firmware.

Ken

Yes, but I expect there will be an expensive telemetry plugin required for heli and base station. I'm looking forward to it, new toys to play with :)

Gunter.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yes, but I expect there will be an expensive telemetry plugin required for heli and base station. I'm looking forward to it, new toys to play with :)

Gunter.

Geoffs on it... this weekend is going to be a cracker!

Dave

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Dont get the Arm dis-arm thing. I start the motors by doing one of the arm combinations. Okay motors on, but if i bring throttle down the motors still stop. Shouldnt they stop only if I do one of the combinations again ?

Boris

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Dont get the Arm dis-arm thing. I start the motors by doing one of the arm combinations. Okay motors on, but if i bring throttle down the motors still stop. Shouldnt they stop only if I do one of the combinations again ?

Boris

Boris, I was playing with it last night.

Manual mode: arm the system and it stays on, even when the throttle is all the way down. Then you have to disarm yourself.

Atti & GPS mode: arm as usual and take off. If you don't use throttle after 3 seconds it will disarm again. After landing and the throttle is all the way down, it will turn off the motors automatically after 3 seconds.

So basically in atti and gps, you have to arm and then fly immediately, otherwise it turns off.

Hope that helps,

Gunter.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hahaha :) good one, that makes no sense to me. Most people fly attitude mode and now we have a half arm/disarm feature for attitude mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol I have a few broken propellers and cuts and nics to my legs and hands because of exactly that....mine has tried to take off unfortunately rather well too, who would have thought the wkm is so good that it can also take off fly itself.....and then crash without your help !!!

Matt