Anyone using DJI software on a Mac?

llbr22

Just curious, since a Macbook Pro is the only form of a laptop I have, wondering if anyone is successfully using a Mac (with Windows of course) to configure their DJI.

Thanks!
Lloyd

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I thought of running windows through virtualbox on my mac but at the end of the day, having windows on my mac felt the same as having dog**** on my front door step. So I got an older dell laptop just for the heli.

I havent done it but I would imagine it would be fine as I know the usb and all ports function normally.

Tahoe Ed

I thought about it, but ended up buying a cheap netbook instead. I really don't want to expose my MAC to the frailties of Windows. I take my netbook with me to the field frequently to make adjustments to the gains. I am going to try and use X2 and X3 to tune on my next setup.

vislaw

I use a MacBook Pro and run the DJI Assistant software using a Bootcamp partition where I installed Windows 7.

Kilby

I'll be doing the same next week. I've been using my Mac for all of my heli stuff over the last year and haven't really had any problems so far.

Sebas600

I'm a mac user as well. Bought a netbook for the XA and DJI software.
Easy to take along and dedicated to only that software (and all manuals etc.)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Been using MacBook Pro with bootcamp and windows XP SP2 for MK and DJI stuff no problems

Dave

llbr22

Thanks all! All good info, and good to know it's working for those using Win on Mac.. even though that poor dog poop should have it's own home ;-)

Kilby

Never knew net books were so cheap. What specs are guys using and how is the performance? It would be nice to grab another tax deduction before the year ends. To bad I can't write off my copter parts. :-/

MacBookAir 13¨ with VirtualBox, Running DJI, Picloctoolz, and vBar. Never a hiccup and its free.
The small Net books don't have as good battery life as a mac, and i don't like to be hooked up to the
car DC battery.

Kari

I'm using parallels desktop and win 7 im my macbook pro and it's working great with dji assistant and also with phoenix sim. Parallels is great compared to bootcamp you don't have to boot separately to windows but can run in coherencem mode without seeing windows stuff in your desktop. :)

Kari

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@Kari and powerplay... welcome to MRF.

Its great to see more mac users on here.. I use Bootcamp and XP on my old but still working Macbook Pro.

I have no problems using either DJI assistant software or MKtools.

Dave

Brombo

Just a point of view
I'm running DJI Assistant on my Mac with Windows 7 and Parallels.But it work fine built on WinOnX too in just a couple of steps..Just one click and it start on Mac without Virtual Machine.Bye

danproud

I'm using the assistant software on my Mac, using Fusion. Looks like the software is connecting to the MC ok, but the read/write buttons seem to be greyed out. Any ideas anyone? Cant find any help on this one.

powerplay

The read and write funktion is not alway available. Only if you change in some menus.
I am workong too with vmware. Very fine, with windows xp and windows 7