Anyone heard from Robert at DJI USA?

DJI appreciates dealer like John Woods in providing the best service possible.

:tennis:
I must say in the 5-years I have been in Business DJI is by far the best Business I have dealt with.
I am on skype with them every day 7-days a week. They are extremely responsive to my questions and my opinoins.
I look forword to a long relationship with DJI.
Cheers, John W.
AddictiveRC,LLC/RcHobbyHelicopter

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
these marketing statements how great you are, are really silly :) ! Get some email ticketing systems installed for your customers and if its foreseeable that your responds time will be longer tell the system to inform the customers. This is basic stuff and makes your life and that of the customer easier.

Robert I had bought my first WKM system from you and I had a hard time to track you down to initially buy it and than with follow ups. DJI your whole approach that several support emails were not answered due to DNS problems hmm. Look its a great product and you service is acceptable at the moment throwing flowers for each other rather than wrapping things up makes at least me as a customer angry and feel fooled !

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

John Wood is the only Hobby business that I recommend to people that I have never gotten any negative feedback on. sitting back behind the lines watching the multirotor community talk negative about DJI USA and only positive about rchobbyhelicopter.com sure makes the score card clear

Seadog

I got mine from Robert. Had an issue and he promptly emailed me to send back and he replaced. Had another issue and he responded fast. As far as Eric Sun. umm He's a super guy and I'm in contact with him almost daily. I would say one of the better companies I have dealt with. I have a google spreadsheet that people are adding what works for motors, esc's etc. and their settings. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au16aK6Q-0p0dENkdXVGVHJLRm5fRTFQdjBZbUhxZ3c#gid=0 Eric is on there a lot looking over the info. Show me another company with that concern. Oh sorry but you have to request to see the doc for now since shortly after I started it someone went on and deleted some entries. But 43 people have entered their info so far and over 100 requesting access.

I got mine from Robert. Had an issue and he promptly emailed me to send back and he replaced. Had another issue and he responded fast. As far as Eric Sun. umm He's a super guy and I'm in contact with him almost daily. I would say one of the better companies I have dealt with. I have a google spreadsheet that people are adding what works for motors, esc's etc. and their settings. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au16aK6Q-0p0dENkdXVGVHJLRm5fRTFQdjBZbUhxZ3c#gid=0 Eric is on there a lot looking over the info. Show me another company with that concern. Oh sorry but you have to request to see the doc for now since shortly after I started it someone went on and deleted some entries. But 43 people have entered their info so far and over 100 requesting access.

Thanks Seadog, the spreadsheet is a great idea

Seadog

By the way I had an issue with my Naza. It would spin up on arming and try to fly off or flip. I changed motors, esc's etc. even new tx but to no avail. Was driving me nuts. This auto on for motors at arming just throws me for a loop. Well Robert Redmund stuck with me on this and we got it going finally. It was so simple. Just a point of setting the timing of motors to slow. DUH!!! How did I over look. I did try though to do with the TX listening to beeps etc. when plugging in the esc but I guess didn't work good. I found a program card I had and used that and poof. Now is good. Thanks Robert for the Support.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Hang on here.
Had a couple bad days with website and POS Iphone and I'm getting bashed.

Yuri,
We have emailed and you are sending your unit back for replacement.

Sorry for the issues, that is not how I conduct business.

I have not been around this forum in awhile. Actually, I'm the one that got this (DJI Forum) started in the first place.

We are redoing our website UAVproducts.com and DJIUSA.com for the merge.

We will have full setup videos etc...

Stay tuned its only going to get much better.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Robert, i called you so many times, I started calling from other numbers thinking you were avoiding me. I understand that your Iphone broke but that doesnt really explain the lack of responses to my many many emails. You coincidentally happened to email me, from your iphone, the MINUTE (look at the times) John chimed in to help me. AND your only response in the email was "send back for replacement." No trying to solve it or talk on the phone about it. Just a very blunt "return it." I dont mean to bash you. The only reason I purchased from you was a few people said how great you were and i trusted that. But this is the same thing that happened buying from Xaircraft. Jeff was a great guy to talk to and very friendly/helpful but the second you really need help, he goes MIA for months at a time. I already had a bad enough experience with that and trashed my PC thinking it was a windows issue. Now it turns out to most likely be a faulty USB unit. I don't get the feeling you are a crook or out to do bad business at all but us customers like to hear back after a week or so of emailing/calling. I cant for the life of me believe that you dont have a computer other than your iphone to check emails. And you mention you have after hour support which no one ever responds to either. I just hope this next unit works as it is clear that real help is hard to come by. Thank god for this site or I would have a very expensive pile of wires in my living room. On that note, I strongly believe that if you can;t find time to answer all the emails and calls, you should be involved on the forums. RCgroups is a disaster! Let the 12 year olds talk about their Trex's and nintendos. This is the forum you should be focusing on. We are all right here everyday sharing real world experiences with the products we buy from YOU. If nothing else it lets us know you are alive and not ignoring us.

thanks

Yuri

VABrown

Quad Newbie
Sounds like Yuri is finally getting some resolution.

I will throw in my positive feedback for John W. with AddictiveRC,LLC/RcHobbyHelicopter. I have placed several orders with John over the past few weeks and he has always been EXTREMELY responsive in getting my purchases to me ASAP. He even called me one evening to verify an order that he didn't have all the parts and offered to fill it with some alternative parts. I've found my supplier for DJI parts -- 2nd NAZA and new F450 frame in the mail.

Tom

WillM

Fantastic to hear about John @ AddictiveRC. I've had his site bookmarked for a while now, as I find the product information much more complete than some other sites. Also good to know that there is a good relationship between DJI and their vendors, and that DJI is active on these forums. :)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Tom, was that second Naza you got due to a defect? Curious. cant wait to get a working one in. I guess paying for next day air is pointless when you get damaged goods that cant be replaced for 2 weeks! But I guess that can happen anywhere to anyone, just bad luck.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Yuri,

Per our emails, I will get you a new PMU/USB out to you today.

Sorry I missed your calls and emails that started on Sunday.

I take pride in my reputation in customer service. Like I said in our emails Mon/Tue/Weds was one of those times where everything that could go wrong did. From new website merging (which should only take hours not days), emails getting delayed (still not sure why that was effected) to iphone taking a dump (I did drop it, so my fault, LOL).

Needless to say, it was unacceptable for not getting to you sooner than Weds.

So lets see, the best I can do is offer some kind of discount to help "save face".

So until Jan 30th (which is my 41st B-day) coupon code: MRF will give 10% off any and all products we sell at DJIUSA.com and/or UAVproducts.com.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I want to confirm that Robert has, regardless of my posts, agreed to take care of this issue. I think this was all bad timing/luck on both our parts. I am not out to ruin business' reputations. I know things come up and most of the dealers in our hobby are small one man operations. I do still think this a great reminder of how quickly things can go south when communication breaks down for even a week. I am guilty of being impulsive, impatient and owning a PC. Now let's get this thing flying!

Too bad i cant apply that 10% to my $1600 I just spent. :(

buhojean

My experience with robert not been as expected.
I bought an ace one and then a rtf hexa WKM.
Many configuration problems with one ace, 10 calls and only 2 answered, I lost a lot of money for this, what could be resolved in 2 weeks late 3 months.
Called him from the field to test the heli and did not respond, send an email and had to wait for the answer and sometimes not to or was 2 days late.
I finally gave up and did not call or write email, and I did it alone the risk of my heli.
With my hex and previous experience, rcgruop seek help.
Still have something pending with me.
I'm not saying it's bad but neither is as they say it is. All I have to buy to answer a call?