Anyone heard from Robert at DJI USA?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Since receiving my faulty Naza I have not been able to get ahold of him via phone or email. Very frustrating. This whole experience feels VERY much like dealing with Xaircraft USA. Just message machines and no replies. Maybe Robert works for NASA too.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Post your concern in the RCgroups Thread for the WKM. I am pretty sure he will react faster ! :)

Best is find some post from sidney were he is telling everyone how great their service is, quote it and ask were the .... is robster.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
All these 1 man businesses make it very hard to get info when you need it. I desperately needed jeff from Xaircraft for a few days there and still 4 months later haven't heard a word. Only later, a post saying how they built a sky scraper, joined the air force, cured cancer and are too busy working on the business! Doesn't working on the business mean responding to phone calls/emails? And if you have that many calls, either there is something seriously wrong with the product or you have enough business you should be hiring someone to help you.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I looked on DJI's website and found a local dealer that is actually 10 minutes away. http://www.skyhunterhobbys.com/

The guy is going to try and get a hold of another Naza to try out and see if this is actually the issue. Now that is customer service! And i didnt even buy it from him.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp some are good some are ..... and some cant even build copters although they sell RTFs. There are some on board vids out there from some RTF dealers that are just worrying. I would love to have a poll or feedback area for different dealers to give people an overview. Some of them are just getting away with too much **** and big marketing statements with nothing behind it.

Boris

vislaw

I have to also say I've been disappointed in Robert's lack of responsiveness and I've finally given my business to another rep. Most of my letters were inquiries to buy stuff too. I got the distinct impression that he didn't need the business ... at least not mine anyway. Really disappointing cause I made it clear after buying my AD6 and WKM system that we would be making a number of additional major purchases.

WillM

Very disappointing to hear.

Personally, I'm sick of being a customer to businesses that make me feel as if I'm doing them a favor.

I'm in the market for some DJI equipment.

Any suggestions for USA dealers that provide good customer service?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
the problem is, when you actually talk to these people on the phone they are your best friend. Then you have to get ahold of them and they are no where to be found or just dont care because the sale was made. Grab a pitch fork and a torch, let's get em!

Last edited by a moderator:

Siteline

If it makes you feel better my experience with Robert was very positive. I also think he frequents RCgroups more?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
If I didnt hear so many great things about Robert, I would not have bought from him. but this is where I am at....in the dark.

Skysurf

My experiences with DJI USA and Robert has been very good. I e-mailed him at several occasions regarding technical questions and he would answer very promptly.

I am guessing that the "DJI Explosion" has caused a significant increase in work load for the dealers - and DJI USA might be the dealer that most customers has turned to. I am guessing it's hard to keep up. Also, I believe he became a father not to long ago. I know first person that it's very hard to do more than nine to five with a little kid at home...

However, I hope he gets back to you guys soon - customer service is paramount.

/Jesper

rwilabee

I understand that John at RChobbyHelicopter.com is very good to work with. He is also at DJI Distributor.

Rich

Very disappointing to hear.

Personally, I'm sick of being a customer to businesses that make me feel as if I'm doing them a favor.

I'm in the market for some DJI equipment.

Any suggestions for USA dealers that provide good customer service?

vislaw

I understand that John at RChobbyHelicopter.com is very good to work with. He is also at DJI Distributor.

Rich

Indeed. John is who I now use and he is very attentive and responsive. Moreover, he operates on a somewhat time-shifted basis so that he is able to speak live via Skype with the guys at DJI quite frequently. I've found this very helpful as he is able to pose specific questions on my behalf.

John always responds to my e-mails within 24 hours -- usually by a personal phone call. He's testing a new unit for us now and, in fact, he called me today just to give me a report of their progress. Also, you should check out his KARBONIC line of airframes on his site. Very cool looking stuff.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Indeed. John is who I now use and he is very attentive and responsive. Moreover, he operates on a somewhat time-shifted basis so that he is able to speak live via Skype with the guys at DJI quite frequently. I've found this very helpful as he is able to pose specific questions on my behalf.

John always responds to my e-mails within 24 hours -- usually by a personal phone call. He's testing a new unit for us now and, in fact, he called me today just to give me a report of their progress. Also, you should check out his KARBONIC line of airframes on his site. Very cool looking stuff.

Same experience here, placed an order for something on his website late yesterday got an email today that it's a special order item. Responded to his email and got a phone call a few minutes later to follow up, the ONLY dealer that has ever done that in all the time I've been flying multirotors, or even helis for that matter.

Ken

Thanks Guys for all the Kind words here!!
I eat and Breath this stuff 24hours a day.
It's a true Passion for me.
This is why Dave and I got into Designing our Karbonic-Series Frames.
Having such great customers just makes my Job even more enjoyable.
Cheers, John W.
AddictiveRC/RchobbyHelicopter

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
John, having already purchased my WKM and Naza from DJIUSA, I dont know how to get help. Can you recommend a way to get a working Naza, have it tested, or just swap one out? I would be willing to buy a new one from you if I could be guaranteed a refund on the old one if proven damaged. I've been through the hoops with ideas on how to install my drivers. The WKM worked very well and was super simple. Assuming the process is the same, I can only lead to a damaged unit.

Help!!

Yuri

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
What's really ironic is that in the last minute Robert just emailed me telling me to send it back to him. Has Robert been watching this thread the whole time?? Sure feels that way. Of course it would have been nice to maybe trouble shoot or talk about it. But this is a start.

thanks

Yuri