Anyone flying a Futaba 8FG Super with UHF

kloner

Aerial DP
that works for some of the uhf's like EzUHF but is on the low power side. They call it good for line of sight flight in the manual. you want the uhf on 12v

LowFlier

Does anyone know if ezUHF can be installed without using up the trainer port?

I know that having a spotter is impractical if the craft is beyond LOS, but I would like to at least be able to claim that the MR simply got away from both of us. Otherwise I would be implicitly admitting that I broke the law, since it would be obvious there was no way to hook up the trainer cord if ezUHF was using the port...

Just askin'.

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, but youd have to use something like this

http://fpvlongrange.com/fpv-repeater-system/

if all you wanted was head tracking, that port is on the ezuhf to bypass needing a trainer port like that.

having a spotter has no necessary trainer transmitter rule or law, at lest not yet, simply a guy looking at it in the sky eye to eye for when your looking at a monitor or on goggles. That way if something is coming towards you he can warn you and you know what way to walk to pick it up if needed.

amorealex

that works for some of the uhf's like EzUHF but is on the low power side. They call it good for line of sight flight in the manual. you want the uhf on 12v
Yes, you are right.
But as I newbie, I fly very short distances.
In the future and as soon as the distance extends, I will use a 3S Lipo.

kloner

Aerial DP
can you put a 3s inside the futaba and run it like that or does it take an external battery to power the uhf on 3s? i got the 8j and it uses 6 volts (4x nimh), had to use external battery to power my uhf but now i'm liking futaba radios more and more i think i'll be getting nicer one sooner than later.

yes, but youd have to use something like this

http://fpvlongrange.com/fpv-repeater-system/

if all you wanted was head tracking, that port is on the ezuhf to bypass needing a trainer port like that.

having a spotter has no necessary trainer transmitter rule or law, at lest not yet, simply a guy looking at it in the sky eye to eye for when your looking at a monitor or on goggles. That way if something is coming towards you he can warn you and you know what way to walk to pick it up if needed.

@kloner, I was looking for something that I can relay.. this is great... Anyone use this yet? I tried their web submission form and I emailed them.. 4 days ago.. no response from either.

I live in a heavy wooded area, so every flight I make has to be up and over trees. I am looking to relay both video and control up to my roof so it can then allow me to go farther over the woods.

Thanks again,

KS