Anybody dealt with Heliwatch?

Was asked to quote a job today.. told I was way to high as the client had previously worked with a company called heliwatch who provided an octo for serveral days
on a shoot in L.A. and only charged $1200/day for 8 hr. days.. I was shocked at that rate and at one of their demo videos in particular.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=90VoWjKleFs flying over people on a controlled set is one thing.. bunch of kids at camp is another. Disappointing..

Anybody on here with that company?

@Kloner.. rates that low in L.A.? or is this a one off?

kloner

Aerial DP
that guys smokin crack, were all 4-7k a day

this is by far the worst part
RALPH REBAYA - Chief Pilot & Professional Engineer See Article

Ralph has worked as an Aerospace Engineer for major Companies. He has also designed, built, and fabricated full-sized Airplane and Rotorcraft for his own personal use. His credentials include the following: See Video

1. FAA CERTIFIED PILOT for Fixed Wing & Rotorcraft

2. RC Helicopter Instructor See Website

3. Flying Experience - Over 20 years

4. Aerospace Engineer - ​​​​​​​​​​ ​Over 15 years experience working for Boeing, Northrop-Grumman, McDonnell-Douglas, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, & Bombardier

5. B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Cal Poly Pomona

6. M.S. Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

7. Aerial Surveillance See Video

8. Academy of Model Aeronautics, registered member

9. Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association, registered member

10. Experimental Aircraft Association, registered member

11. Seaplane Pilots Association, registered member​​​​​​​​​​​​

12. United States Parachute Association, registered member

I refer to SMPs' post on rates/clients.. This must be a price client and Heliwatch seems to cater to those with the golf ball gimmicks and wedding videos.. He can have 'em..