Any Waterproofed Multirotors out there?

I come from the crawler community where we waterproof everything just in case you have to urge to crawl through a creek or play in the rain. Has anyone done so with a MR? What did you do to it to make it waterproofed? Some footage in the rain would be cool as well as around lakes and such.

Stacky

I have tried the aquacopter but its not a great design, its not possible to get enough a decent sized battery in to the frame to give a decent length flight. My aquacopter is sitting on a shelf doing nothing.
I built my own very ugly waterproof hex a and housed all the electronics in a tupperware type container. The battery also fits in there. I have the esc's housed externally but waterproofed with silicone sealer and heat shrink.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Green

Try making your own boxcopter - this guy at fleshpilot.com has several videos on flying and making what he calls boxcopters. Basically, a tuperware type of body from Target, Walmart, etc. That contains the electronics. Motors affixed to wooden arms fastened to the plastic. He lands on the water. Even takes underwater video.