Another Wookong fail, from hot to cold problem?

Muunk

Last sunday I was out and flying a little fpv with my octo with wookong. At that day it was about 0 degress celcius outside, and normally I allways let octo stay outside for at least 15 min. before flying. This is what happened the day I only let it outside for 4-5 min. before takeoff.

I´m pretty sure it was because it didn´t had the time to acclamatize. :upset:

Damage report was a broken arm and gps carbon rod. Have not got time to test the motors yet.

http://youtu.be/45wvv3rqvjo

Kilby

Sorry to see that, Muunk. Was the craft forcing you into the yaw spin at the end, or was that you trying to fly out of it?

I'm curious what you find when the motors are tested.

Hope you get back in the air soon.

-Terry

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Bart is using MK. I cant see a difference if it works in an X8 why not a flat octo? Who knows? give me 2 of them and i will test them for you all :)

Muunk

Sorry to see that, Muunk. Was the craft forcing you into the yaw spin at the end, or was that you trying to fly out of it?

I'm curious what you find when the motors are tested.

Hope you get back in the air soon.

-Terry

Well if you look at 0:23 you´ll see the first movement witch isn´t from my stick input, after that you can see that the octo is acting more and more weird. At 0:55 the return to home funktion is activated (As I remember it).
I hope that I can get some new props tomorrow at a friend, and then be able to test run the motors.

walter

At 0:23 we hear a crack, and the motors make a different noise. Sound Like a broken prop? The octo compensate till motors get to hot and then the multi crash?

Muunk

At 0:23 we hear a crack, and the motors make a different noise. Sound Like a broken prop? The octo compensate till motors get to hot and then the multi crash?
Well that could be possible! But why should the motors get to hot? All up weight is just under 5 kilo, and 6-7 props should easily lift that amount of weight. But on the other hand if its not a prop that breaks, why should the motors change sound like they do? hmmm... :apathy: