And another Brit added to the fold

buckers

Hi there guys and gals
Phil here from not so sunny "Britland", Cheshire to be precise.
Been flying my TBS quad for about 6 months now in an FPV role and lovin every minute of it. Must admit the gimbal is giving me some problems, but hey, if I didn't have something to grumble about, I'd be bored.
Hope to pluck as much knowledge as poss from you guys, and pass on anything I can in return. (I paint RC heli canopies, so can help with info re that if necessary).
Cheers
Phil (buckers)

gringers

Preoccupied
Hey Phil,

Seem to be a few of us from Cheshire and North Wales on these boards!

Six months fpv flying puts you way ahead of me so don't expect me to offer much help but I'm sure there's plenty of others who can.

Cheers!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi there guys and gals
Been flying my TBS quad for about 6 months now in an FPV role and lovin every minute of it. Must admit the gimbal is giving me some problems, but hey, if I didn't have something to grumble about, I'd be bored.
Hope to pluck as much knowledge as poss from you guys, and pass on anything I can in return. (I paint RC heli canopies, so can help with info re that if necessary).
Cheers
Phil (buckers)

Aye Up Phil. Welcome to MRF. I am sure you will find the members on here very helpful. The great thing is this is a 24/7 forum with peeps all over the world contributing. SO when you are at your whits end, which you will be one day, there is always someone on here that may offer some help.. but if its 2 in the morning it wont be from me! I am in the same time zone being in Lancashire!

Look forward to seeing some pics of your set up

Dave

buckers

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will get a pic of the TBS quad up tomorrow, complete with problematic gimbal, which I will sort out, come what may !!!

There are a few guys who fly FPV at our heli club near Winsford, but it's only TBS and Bixler sized gear, not big Hex's. With all the testing I'm doing, I usually just drive to my mates field in our village, and test fly there for 20 mins. Then back again for the post mortum as to why it won't work. Lol

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Welcome Phil! Can't wait to see your pictures of the quad! Do you have some videos of your bird in action!

Cheers,

Mike :)

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Hi Buckers- the canopy you did for my for my Rush still looks the dog's danglies. Welcome fella and I hope you enjoy this forum. Maye we need to get you painting some domes for the larger mutli-rotors!

Angus

Zaidy

Hi there guys and gals
Cheers
Phil (buckers)

Hey Phil,

Welcome to the forum fella, the guys in here are great helpful and full of useful information.
I have few canopies that could do with reviving but that is another project for the future ;-)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Buckers do you airbrush stuff? I was looking for someone to do something creative on a dome.

Dave

buckers

Hi Guys

Here is a pic of my TBS quad. Look a bit messy at the moment as I'm swopping over from 2.4GHz to UHF shortly, and also changing OSD systems, plus other things that need doing as well.

View attachment 15949

There are plenty of vids of my flying, ALL showing this bloody problem I have with the gimbal. This is one of them....

Yes, I do alot of airbrushing, mainly RC helicopter canopies, but also planes, boats, crash helmets, toilet seats, you name it.....
Here are a few of them.................

View attachment 15945View attachment 15946View attachment 15947View attachment 15948

Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• IMG_5162.jpg
    IMG_5162.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_5154.jpg
    IMG_5154.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_5130.jpg
    IMG_5130.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_4634.jpg
    IMG_4634.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 296
  • 20140130_102640.jpg
    20140130_102640.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Now now, children reside on these forums fnah fnah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Welcome from a Britt in the USA

Sent from my electronic telecommunications thingy majiggy, using my fingers and stuff.

buckers

Thanks for all the welcomes and "likes" of my paint jobs. My gimbal problem is ongoing and I WILL sort it eventually - I haven't come on this forum to moan about it, just to share thoughts about all things quad related. :listening_headphone