All of these terms ??

Hi everyone

I am an experienced "real" plane pilot with 1500+ hours logged, and have been flying RC helis for the last 22 years on and off, and quite naturally I know all of the terminology for both of those arenas, BUT......... I am totally new to Quads, and have noticed a huge raft of 3 letter acronyms etc like XYZ and IMU and quite naturally I do not have the first idea what these all mean.

I actually started my own RC heli site to provide just such information for newbie heli pilots, and now find myself on the receiving end of a lack of understanding once again (after many years) so need some help.

If there is anyone out there who has got the time to produce as full a list of what all these short terms and acronyms are, and would publish them here in the forum I for one would be eternally grateful :nevreness:

Thanks in advance...

Macsgrafs

Hi Ian, Im also a trex600esp pilot so I know where you're comming from. As for what things mean...well I find its just names of different flight controllers mainly, like DJI or MK or Hoverfly..they are all flight controllers or as the lazy say FC's ;)
IMU is just a stability controller, as for the other letters then say the 2 examples prevous as 90% fall into those 2 categories ;)

Ross

Hi Ross. Thanks for that, I suspected it may be something similar, we just all take these things for granted don't we, ESC and BEC and RX, but when confronted with a totally new set you think - Hells bells, I need to start reading up again !!!!

Thanks for that Boris, quite a useful site, although I do know most of those terms through my heli flying, but will explore the stuff offered on there, so I have bookmarked it -
Cheers
Ian

Macsgrafs

Hi Ross. Thanks for that, I suspected it may be something similar, we just all take these things for granted don't we, ESC and BEC and RX, but when confronted with a totally new set you think - Hells bells, I need to start reading up again !!!!

Yep, thats half the problem Ian, when I first went to the world of MR addict, I was so confused & to make things worse..I confused myself even more by making things harder than they actually are ;)

Looking at your location you shoudl contact Droider (Dave) he is a neighbour to you & can enlighten you so much more than us easily confused egg whisk fliers ;)

Ross