Afternoon from SW England!

SimonJ

Too windy to fly today so continue the first build of my new Hex! I hope im going to be able to call on lots of help from members........!:livid:

SimonJ

Attachments

• hex build.jpg
    hex build.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 366
  • hex pt 2 a.jpg
    hex pt 2 a.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 361
  • hex pt 2 b.jpg
    hex pt 2 b.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 187
  • hex pt 2 c.jpg
    hex pt 2 c.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 185
  • hex pt 2 d.jpg
    hex pt 2 d.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 220
  • hex pt 2.jpg
    hex pt 2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 191

alexosborne

Hi there, sounds like a great build! rc car :D lol, Thats somthing new.
What part of the south west are you from?
Im near Frome in somerst?

Bowley

you might get some funky landings with wheels and springs on the landing gear, (zebedee springs to mind) I would can the springs, but thats just me.

SimonJ

you might get some funky landings with wheels and springs on the landing gear, (zebedee springs to mind) I would can the springs, but thats just me.

You're right!
I have scrapped the idea of springs for obvious reasons! Hope to get a first flight this weekend if the weather is kind.

Im near Taunton in answer to your question.

marc1972

hi looks like you got some nice bits there :)
i'm from barnstable so not far from you :)
i'm just getting all my parts together for my 1st build :)

SimonJ

Build contd

Hi Marc, Yep Barnstaple is just up the road! Still waiting for my first flight.....hope tomorrow but it is gonna be cold!

Just got to put the CCW props on now :highly_amused:

What are you building Marc? Any pics yet?

Attachments

• nearly done.jpg
    nearly done.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 206

Aviator

You're right!
I have scrapped the idea of springs for obvious reasons! Hope to get a first flight this weekend if the weather is kind.

Im near Taunton in answer to your question.

Got 4 springs and shocks on my large Octo.. As long as you have shocks also it will be fine, you dont really need them unless its a fairly heavy lump.

marc1972

sorry no photo's yet but i'm going to make a 450
[h=1]1x FIREFLY Q450 Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame 450mm - Integrated PCB Version[/h][h=1]4x Brushless Motors NTM Prop Drive 28-26 1000KV / 315W each[/h][h=1]4x NTM Prop Drive 28 Series Accessory Pack[/h][h=1]4x TURNIGY Plush 18amp Speed Controller[/h][h=1]2x Slow Fly Electric Prop 9x4.7 Clockwise rotation[/h]2x Slow Fly Electric Prop 9x4.7 Counter-Clockwise rotation

HK KK2 controll board

2200 s4 lipo's

turnigy 9XR

thats my list of bits so far waiting for most of it from HK hope thay wont be to long

marc1972

just hope i.m getting the right stuff :)

been looking at a lot of forums and getting some sort of a clue on what to buy but still not sure :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SimonJ

All sounds good to me. Mine was all built on trial and error! KK board is very good. Read up on the PI settings! HK website on the global site under files you will find the instructions for the KK board......... you will need them! If u need any help ask and I will do my best.

marc1972

yep going for the kk2 board as every where i look every one says its a good place to start
but i am going to try and get it to 1.5 version :)
just carnt wait till all my bits turn up :)
hope you get out flying soon :)

SimonJ

Getting it upto the 1.5 version is relatively easy. You need a usb to do it which you can get from hobbyking. If you get stuck let me know. You need to make sure you have the right java settings on your pc to do it. That is the hardest bit!