Aerial video with dji f450 - blades and arms show up on the video - help and advice

oacilamaf

Hi all

I own a DJI f450 kit with naza lite, e300 and landing legs. I also have a 2d gimbal and gopro camera.
I do videos for fun and for my real estate job and i am having a problem.
The blades and sometimes the legs show up in the film... I have looked for some kind of positioning gear that can place the gopro outside the frame or a diferent landing gear but the ones i found are all too heavy... Anyone knows a better solution?

Here are the products i found so far:
http://www.helipal.com/camera-positioning-kit-500mm.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Set_Black_.html?strSearch=deluxe landing gear

Anotherr option is to sell the F450 and buy another multicopter that has a frame with a different design and wont have this problem...
Is there any multicopter that fits what i am looking for under 300€?

thanks for your time
Jose - PT

oacilamaf

Thanks kloner

Unfortunatly they are no longer shipping international so its not an option... Any other suggestion?

oacilamaf

Thanks flygirl

Can you tell me how much it weights(just the batwing)? And more important, does it work? In no situation you see the blades or any oyher frame parts?

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyGirl

I don't actually have one... :) But it says it weighs 27.8 grams on one post I saw but on the website it has it listed at 38.3g... Hmmm this looks kinda useful. I might grab one of these..

oacilamaf

Checked these links out...thanks.
The first link doesn't say anything about the weight, does anyone know?

The second link actually looks really nice, and the 230grams...not too bad, I guess?

Scott (better legs too/not mine you freaks) B

I dont how much it weights but on the bottom of the page there is a note that says that with that gear the quad will be at its max load capacity...
230 grames for the other one i guess its too much... I am building one myself using 10mm clamps with shock absorvers and a 10mm carbon tube

checkout irisaerial here at the forum.... batwing

http://www.irisaerial.com/products.html
I used the batwing and the bat legs on my F550 and my 10 inch props still come into view if I fly too fast forward. This is with the batwing mounted to the bottom of the arms too! Additionally the left bat leg comes into view with the GoPro pointing straight down. I do not recommend these products.

U.M.

P.S. I emailed IrisAerial about this and got no response. F'em.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I've never not responded to someone. I must not have received your email. I've been an extremely genuine and loyal contributor to this community since day one. So thank you for the F you!

The reality is that making/handling these parts is a PITA. It is a lot more work than you think. Add to this the rare comments like above and it just isn't worth the time. That was the main reason I had to stop shipping internationally. We weren't doing enough volume to justify the accounts/equipment needed to do international shipping more friendly. So every order i had to manually fill out all the customs forms and drive to the post office, wait in a 20 minute line and frequently sit there for 5+ minutes while the post office tries to decipher the 6 line long address. After all this, it seems as though customs has cracked down or something as I started to get a lot of "rejected" forms sent back. The post office would send me a form saying "sorry we damaged or lost your goods" when they weren't lost or damaged at all. So I apologize to those in other countries trying to get a batwing. You can thank the release of the phantom for killing the market. Having said this i am still making the batwing and will ship domestically.

I currently have the helipal mount and it never gets props or legs in video. I have tested in high winds, fast speeds, and almost all go pro settings. always a clear shot. highly recommend it.