Aerial Mob Fall 2014 reel

Vortex

Great clip Kloner......We have a 30 meter rule here and can't get any closer than that to persons or vehicles so we can't get anywhere near as close as you can. Keep up the good work :)

Lance

dazzab

Great clip Kloner......We have a 30 meter rule here and can't get any closer than that to persons or vehicles so we can't get anywhere near as close as you can. Keep up the good work :)

Lance
Well, yes and no. I know an operator who can fly within 5 meters under certain conditions. If you can prove your safety case to CASA you can do anything that's safe. I'm doing my CASA OC application right now and I'm trying to work out safety planning for permission to fly within 15 meters although I would prefer 10.

Vortex

Well, yes and no. I know an operator who can fly within 5 meters under certain conditions. If you can prove your safety case to CASA you can do anything that's safe. I'm doing my CASA OC application right now and I'm trying to work out safety planning for permission to fly within 15 meters although I would prefer 10.
Interesting......Do you know where it says you can apply for an exemption in the regs and who has the 5m exemption??

dazzab

Interesting......Do you know where it says you can apply for an exemption in the regs and who has the 5m exemption??
The permission to fly closer in the case I'm referring to was done during the process of obtaining an Operators Certificate and did contain very strict conditions that I doubt many of us could achieve. I don't know if how it was done is confidential or not so I'd rather not be specific.

I'm in the process of applying for an OC now and I have been researching what I could do to make a safety case to CASA for an exemption to fly within 20 meters rather than 30. The advice I received from one consultant was that it would probably be very difficult for me to present a case until I have had the OC for some time to gain experience and demonstrate ongoing safety procedures. Fair enough.

I do have some ideas that I plan on presenting after about a year of flying that I hope will allow me to film closer. Most of the things that I'm thinking about have been discussed on this forum which is a great example of what a fantastic resource MRF is and how helpful others can be.

It's my understanding that getting exemptions from CASA isn't that unusual so long as you work with them, are following the rules carefully and ensure that safety is maintained.

SamaraMedia

Awesome job as always guys. Ever figure out what caused the red sun flares in the Chrysler ad? Must have figured it out since it was evident in any of the other clips?