Advice on powerful motor for Tarot 680 Pro

Alwil

I have used the E600 motors and ESC from DJI and have never had a problem. I carry
the GO Pro 3 and get 15 min easy with a 8000 6s battery and use the NAZA V2.

Cameraj

Check out the e calculator, it's probably going to be t motor 4014. 400kv 15in prop if it will fit do to boom length

photojunky

Alwil, I was thinking about the "E800 (6*Motor/ESC; 5 pair props; Accessories pack; Updater for ESC)" which I believe is just a bit more powerful. Come to think of it, I better make sure it will fit.

Alwil

I have the E800 system on a Tarot 810 and using 15.5 props. I don't know if the 13.5
props will fit the 680. You may have to do a little measuring.

photojunky

13 inch fit but there is not that much space in between them. It appears 12 inch is the largest you can go. So, will 12 inch props create enough lift for a small mirrorless camera such as a GH3 or 4? I don't think so, or not for a long time. So now I will have to rethink the build.

Alwil

I am using the E600 motors with 12 in props on a 550 frame with Aeroxcraft extended aluminum arms. If you
can fit 12 in props- you are good to go. These motors have plenty of power and run cool. I know I had mentioned
13.5 props- but I double checked and they are the stock props (12 in) that ship with the E600 motors.

Hex.jpg Hex with 531 gr.JPG
The copter pic shows a Mobius camera but was changed out for a Go Pro 3.
The one image is a basketball hanging underneath and the copter had no problem lifting it.

Attachments

• Hex.jpg
    Hex.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 907
  • Hex with 531 gr.JPG
    Hex with 531 gr.JPG
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:

violetwolf

You need to start with the camera that you want to fly. Then establish which gimbal will handle it. Get the weights of those. Add the video transmitter and RX and gimbal battery, lens, filters etc...

Then once you know that weight work backwards to your frame, batteries, and finally motors and ESC's.

For the GH4 I'd be using a Tarot 810 with 3515 (ish) motors and 15" props. 6s batteries.

But you need to establish ALL your weights first then hit e-calc

I'd ignore most of the advice above, except CameraJ's

Last edited:

Alwil

I agree- That is how I came up with my builds. First a 450 quad, then a 550 hex and
finally a 810 hex. E-Calc will get you in the ballpark then it is up to the builders
choices of materials and construction techniques.

Alwil

Chalagi- My current overall weight is 5000 using 2 5500 6s batteries. This puts it
at a little over the 800 gr. recommended take off weight. I am only using a Go Pro
camera and a lightweight 2 axis gimbal. Also upgraded to 15 in. CF props and this
allows me around 18 min. flying time depending on the wind. Never had a problem
in the 50 or so flights. Love the E800 system with the NAZA V2. I use a Team
Blacksheep Blackbox to log my flights. Hope this helped.

Alwil

Yes- He does a great review. I did a lot of research and discussed the system with some
members online and they were satisfied. I know I am especially with the carbon fiber
T-Motor props. Had to do a bunch of fine tuning with the NAZA V2 but finally got it
straight.