A2 Tuning explanation requested.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok.. so I am new to the DJI A2.
Have a bunch of experience with Hoverfly, SuperX, ZeroUAV and Naza’s.. but the A2 is like I said new to me.
I set up an 800mm Hexacrafter with an A2, used the stock S800 gain settings and it’s flying really pretty nicely.
But now I want to fine tune it and i’m slightly confused on how to do that.

And what I mean by that is I get the general idea, but i thought one of you experts could lay down some knowledge.

What I am asking is.. looking at this image here (Not my settings, just a random screen shot)
View attachment 16712

What are the main differences of Basic and Attitude?

So.. what I am asking is... if my rig is flying very nicely but I want to smooth it out just a tad (ie. loosen it up some)
which gain setting do I change?

If it gets a bit touchy in the wind what would I tweak?

I have Basic Pitch and roll assigned to 1 knob and I have attitude Pitch and roll assigned to another knob.

Anyone have some sweet tips?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 5.11.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 5.11.19 PM.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 494
Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Basic controls how the craft reacts to external influences, wind, changes in attitude, altitude etc. ATTI gains controls how the craft reacts to stick inputs. Think of it as expo. The higher the number, the faster it reacts to the sticks, lower is less responsive. DJI test pilots like high ATTI gains but they are in their 20's. You do what feels right for you. For me 90+/- feels good with 30% expo. But that said, I fly the P2 and P2V at default settings. If you are getting too abrupt reaction to flight, then you might want to lower the basic gains. If it seems sluggish, you may want to raise them. DJI suggests raising the gains by 10% and test fly. Continue until it oscillates, then lower by 10% I have raised my Basic gains to over 200 when flying in wind. This is where the BTU and the Assistant App come into play or you can use a knob or slider on your Tx to adjust while in flight. It is up to you.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
thanks for getting him straightened out Ed and don't plan on traveling next week as i'll be kicking off my A2 build wednesday night if everything goes as planned!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
thanks for getting him straightened out Ed and don't plan on traveling next week as i'll be kicking off my A2 build wednesday night if everything goes as planned!

So basically if it can go wrong, it will is what Bart is saying!
:D

brutis

I rekon set the atti gains a touch less than basic, u seem to have them set identically so thats why ur rotor is very aggressive on the sticks. Going of the top of my head so dont quote me, those settings dont look like Dji A2 recommended settings for the S800 Evo. Maybe you used wookong values?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I rekon set the atti gains a touch less than basic, u seem to have them set identically so thats why ur rotor is very aggressive on the sticks. Going of the top of my head so dont quote me, those settings dont look like Dji A2 recommended settings for the S800 Evo. Maybe you used wookong values?

Those are not my settings, they are just a random screen shot from the interwebz. I did use the suggested S800 settings since my rig is 800mm and around the same weight.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

Can we have a live broadcast!? Just make sure you get some one to hit the bleep button! ;-)

Dave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Basic controls how the craft reacts to external influences, wind, changes in attitude, altitude etc. ATTI gains controls how the craft reacts to stick inputs. Think of it as expo. The higher the number, the faster it reacts to the sticks, lower is less responsive. DJI test pilots like high ATTI gains but they are in their 20's. You do what feels right for you. For me 90+/- feels good with 30% expo. But that said, I fly the P2 and P2V at default settings. If you are getting too abrupt reaction to flight, then you might want to lower the basic gains. If it seems sluggish, you may want to raise them. DJI suggests raising the gains by 10% and test fly. Continue until it oscillates, then lower by 10% I have raised my Basic gains to over 200 when flying in wind. This is where the BTU and the Assistant App come into play or you can use a knob or slider on your Tx to adjust while in flight. It is up to you.

Ed,

If the heli is symmetrical like a Hexacopter, can the pitch and roll gains both be assigned to one knob or slider and adjusted simultaneously? Your explanation of the gains was very helpful the first time you posted it, so much so that i came back looking for it for tomorrow when I'm going to try to adjust how my new hex is flying.

THanks,
Bart

I believe the A2 gains configuration remains the same as for the WooKong M....... such that the following remains a good explanation and go by........ just haven't found the same under WIKI for A2.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/WooKong-M_Autopilot_Setting

Ok.. so I am new to the DJI A2.
Have a bunch of experience with Hoverfly, SuperX, ZeroUAV and Naza’s.. but the A2 is like I said new to me.
I set up an 800mm Hexacrafter with an A2, used the stock S800 gain settings and it’s flying really pretty nicely.
But now I want to fine tune it and i’m slightly confused on how to do that.

And what I mean by that is I get the general idea, but i thought one of you experts could lay down some knowledge.

What I am asking is.. looking at this image here (Not my settings, just a random screen shot)
View attachment 20724

What are the main differences of Basic and Attitude?

So.. what I am asking is... if my rig is flying very nicely but I want to smooth it out just a tad (ie. loosen it up some)
which gain setting do I change?

If it gets a bit touchy in the wind what would I tweak?

I have Basic Pitch and roll assigned to 1 knob and I have attitude Pitch and roll assigned to another knob.

Anyone have some sweet tips?

Thanks in advance!